Laughing at the Nepean!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

After a call to fellow raider diesel, the decision was made to hit the Nepean this arvo. After some recent success from diesel, I was pretty excited by the prospect of getting stuck into a few bass. A bit different from the usual fishing for me and after the last fruitless fresh water trip with trout scarer and fish less again, the plan was hatched and we started flicking the banks.

After about 20mins, I here from diesel, yep, yep, yep! I thought he'd got his lure stuck somewhere again but to my surprise he was on and landed a nice 33cm bass!

post-24974-0-48672300-1386411858_thumb.jpg

Then it was my turn and after diesel promising me a fish he didn't disappoint!

post-24974-0-58965000-1386411829_thumb.jpg

No, it's not the lure. It's the thing attached to but you probably need to zoom in! Lol

We then, walked the banks for a while and diesels mate landed a couple of little 20cm bass and I was still yet without a take or a real fish for that matter. I was starting to feel a repeat of the last fresh water trip and we started heading back. We got back to where diesel had caught his bass and I changed lures for the tenth time and then it happened after my seven thousand cast, I felt a tap, tap on the line. I lift to strike, nothing! Then I feel a wobble as I continued to wind in. The lure felt like it had the weirdest action and I retrieved it to the bank and what do you know!

post-24974-0-22077600-1386412433_thumb.jpg

I tried to throw it back in before anyone would see it but it was too late and diesel said see, told you I'd get you onto a fish! We then left and I couldn't help but laugh all the way back to the car! They makes my last 2 fresh water trips, 5000 casts= one 8cm bass!

Give me the big blue anyday! Thanks for the arvo diesel and I guarantee you next time your up my way, I'll get something to pull your arms out your socket!

Thanks for reading!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Great stuff Scratchie and entertaining write up :thumbup:

Hopefully next time you will show them how it's done and put them in place!

Ian

To be honest, I think diesel kept that fish from his last trip and put it back on the line when I wasn't watching! ????

There is no way in this world he could catch 2 fish in 2 outings!

I'm not a big fan of the freshwater but it definitely helps improve your casting. My hats off to the freshwater guys that bag a few, it certainly takes dedication and patience!

Edited by Scratchie