A little respect for mother nature please!

fisho.sid

Hi All

Like all Australians and generally human beings, we enjoy the gifts the sea provides whether it be fishing or enjoying recreational activities. And like all Australians, we care about the environment and would like to enjoy our activities for years to come and be able to share this wonderful world of ours for generations to come. But more often the case not enough is being done and i guess my intent is to increase awareness and do our bit to keep our waterways clean.

I'm not stating anything new here but i guess just be mindful that our world is at the mercy of humans and how we treat it.

I'm a landbased angler and like most anglers witness a lot of debris and rubbish along our coast lines and have personally witnessed disrespectful individuals polluting our waterways. I'm not sure how you guys feel when you rock up to your favorite spot and realised it's littered with rubbish. I personally hate it and question the quality, safety and health concerns if we were to consume anything from it.

Can i bring your attention to this article http://www.trueactivist.com/gray-whale-dies-bringing-us-a-message-with-stomach-full-of-plastic-trash/

My request is to bring this to the attention of FR members and do our bit to keep it our environment clean and be responsible for our actions cause the consequences of our inaction could be disasterous for our world tomorrow..

Can i ask you guys do the same?

If we see rubbish in out waterways, lets do ourselves a favour and remove it, and if you see anyone polluting our waterways, maybe kindly tell them not to or report to the authorities.

Something needs to be said to change our mind, lets do our bit for this world.

Thanks for reading and Happy Xmas and New Year

Tight Lines

Sid, I think that you will find that the type of people that post to this site share your views and do their best to take care of the environment. Just see how often posts report that fish have been released.

The problem is with the yobbos who throw rubbish overboard, litter our roads, leave bait packets on wharves etc.

I don't like them any more than you do but its a bit hard to face up to a man mountain and tell him to pick up his rubbish. More so when you are a little older.

Cheers

Paikea

G'day

It never stops to amaze me the audacity of a huge proportion of our population when it comes to rubbish. Most drop rubbish without another thought, especially smokers. Which I might add I am included, but always have something to put butts in.

When I go land based fishing I always take an extra rubbish bag for picking up others junk, which if fishing a wharf is usually filled, even though half of these wharfs have bins.

Unfortunately we all have to do our part because of others laziness.

Cheers Leo