Awesome Yarramundi today

mottyman

Hi guys and girls,

Headed up to Yarramundi today well before sun up to beat the heat and get back home to the air con before it got too bad.

Had an awesome day flicking a little floating crank bait as well as a spinner bait for some great bass - probably the best session I've had this season so far.

Biggest fish went 36cm and towed me around for a little while which was great. I'm only fishing 4lb mono on a 1-3kg 6 foot stick which makes for singing drags and bent rods :-)

A few pics follow and very happy to be in the air con now.... :-)

post-237-0-00009200-1387510310_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-50044600-1387510354_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-72589800-1387510420_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-12541100-1387510491_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-34296800-1387510919_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-86750300-1387511482_thumb.jpg

Edited by mottyman

Roberta it was really great and the best part very unexpected.

I fished from North Richmond on Tuesday with very high expectations of some big fish and left very disappointing - got heaps of fish but the biggest was only 20cm or so. Don't know what I was doing wrong but couldn't find a decent fish, just loads of little ones.

Today, no expectations at all, didn't even take my landing net (which was obviously a huge mistake and cost me a very good fish at the side of the yak) and cleaned up on nice fish.

Fishing's a funny business sometimes.

Cheers

David.

Roberta it was really great and the best part very unexpected.

I fished from North Richmond on Tuesday with very high expectations of some big fish and left very disappointing - got heaps of fish but the biggest was only 20cm or so. Don't know what I was doing wrong but couldn't find a decent fish, just loads of little ones.

Today, no expectations at all, didn't even take my landing net (which was obviously a huge mistake and cost me a very good fish at the side of the yak) and cleaned up on nice fish.

Fishing's a funny business sometimes.

Cheers

David.

That's why we go fishing, some days are really good and others just average. If I could predict what I would catch, I would also predict the Lotto numbers ( I am still not rich !)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice fish. 36cm would have pulled a bit. Were you north or south of the bridge. I have seen some nice ones in the Grose too when I've been swimming there. I've been meaning to have a crack at Yarramundi as it's only 15mins from my place