Plenty of action on dollies.

Formosan

Hi Guys

Went for a fish with a few raiders ..Paul as my decky and Quintrex480 on a two boat convoy.

Squid were not easy ..neither were yakkas..got a few and started DR ing.

Only Rats after rats...after a tip off from one on my new fishing buddy that dollies are around.

pulled the pin and headed east. troll the xrap and got hit everytime.

flick gulps and got smash..plenty of action and the sound of two sustain drags going off was music.

Plenty of throw backs but we got 3 legals..biggest was 75cm.

post-7044-0-57205900-1388175390_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-78891700-1388175417_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-39103400-1388175440_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-28464600-1388175467_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-21352400-1388175488_thumb.jpg

Tony

Thanks again for the great day out mate was heaps of fun! Learned heaps too from fishing to boating to popping pills. You pulled out all the techniques. Trolling, downrigging, jigbaiting, soft plastics :) Those were my first dollies too so I can cross that off the list :) Also I've never seen kingies that small, seen bigger yakkas. :074:

Also sorry for driving the boat over those floating balls haha.

Anyways take care mate. Hopefully we can get out on the water again sometime.

Cheers

Paul

Was a decent day out even though we didn't run into any big kings, but will definitely be giving the other spot a good go next time, the showings on the sounder looked very promising.

Squid were a bit hard to come by, even the yakkas didn't want to play ball, and those baby kings were funny, they even fought harder than the bigger dollies. :D

Hey Tony,

Great to see getting into them. Conditions look great. Mate where are those hoodies??? Hopefully soon lol.

Cheers Daniel

Thanks..Wasn't targeting Hoodies Dan. :) Ask Damien.

Great report, you guys alway seam to find the fish

If you happy to share where abouts were you fishing?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks. just lucky i guess. u can work out location from one of the pics as I didn't blurr out the background like some . :)

Great work formosan! It's great having a 2 boat convoy too. It always ups the ante and effort.

Dollies are great to fight. Well done on the fish fellas!

cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks buddy..Yeh they were jumping and carrying on adds to the excitement. and goes nutso on the deck too. :)

Aren't they the most beautiful fish the colours are just awesome and they are good to eat.

Was the Kingie a loner? Or did you spot more of them.

Cheers

Paikea

Yeh tasty and beautiful and fun to catch Internationally reknowned fish.

Plenty of rats around.

you really like to fire me up at work, sending me pics like that grrrrrrrr, well Im Jelouse been stuck at work while you get amongst some decent fish.

Heres to Hoping to get amongst them after the 4th January .

Yeh mate..let yourself loose on the fish on the 4th, they dont stand much of a chance.

great report.. cant wait too catch some dollies

Cheers..Where are the hoodies? :)

Tony

Thanks again for the great day out mate was heaps of fun! Learned heaps too from fishing to boating to popping pills. You pulled out all the techniques. Trolling, downrigging, jigbaiting, soft plastics Those were my first dollies too so I can cross that off the list Also I've never seen kingies that small, seen bigger yakkas.

Also sorry for driving the boat over those floating balls haha.

Anyways take care mate. Hopefully we can get out on the water again sometime.

Cheers

Paul

No worries Paul..Good to have you on board. Good to chat and exchange fishing ideas and glad to get you into some action.

Was a decent day out even though we didn't run into any big kings, but will definitely be giving the other spot a good go next time, the showings on the sounder looked very promising.

Squid were a bit hard to come by, even the yakkas didn't want to play ball, and those baby kings were funny, they even fought harder than the bigger dollies. :D

You did better n the yakas than us...we were bait conservation mode most of the time :).

Lets do it again soon..

Nice work good to hear they arrived. Well done.

Yep but in good size but :(

HI

I'm interested in giving the dollies a go, but haven't heard of "xrap" before. Where a bouts is it.

Cheers

JOB

XRAP's are a type of bibbed minnow lures made by rapala, great lures i might add. If youre not good with lures, try pilchard on ganged hooks, works great!

dollies can be found around any of the FADS or any floating object out at sea for the next 2-3 months!!

good luck

Awsum report great Results can't wait to get out after New Year . How Far East you go ? When the Reel Music started and wt time of the day was it . Cheers. Oziodin

It can be any time of day but early morning is best but they it's even midday when the sun is high. East till i see some surface structure.. :) or anything.

I got a video coming from a 2nd trip with lots of under water action, will post soon.

HI

I'm interested in giving the dollies a go, but haven't heard of "xrap" before. Where a bouts is it.

Cheers

JOB

Xraps are in the tackle shops, Xrap magnum 10 or 15. :) Yep they are a lure..on approaching I use Xraps to see if the fish are there. When they hit the xrap, then they are on.

How far out is the sydney fad? Do I have any chance if getting out there with my 4.3m runabout with a 25 on the back? Awsome work guys

There are two close ones one off Manly and one off maroubra, approx 9kms from shore. depends if your 4.3 has high sides, you can prob do it in a nice day.

Edited by Formosan

Nice to hear mate..they are fun with plastics and light outfits.

Were they aggregating at a device? or just at some ramdom 60m mark?

Nice work on the legals, yummo!

They were everywhere out from long reef yesterday around 60m mark, all undersize but good fun on light plastics. Amazing how they light up the water!