Sydney Snapper

MitchM

Hi guys

I went for a fish on Monday the 30th out from botany, the day started well with plenty of yakkas and a few squid. We trolled a few x-raps past malabar with plenty of rat kings smashing everything. We used about 5 big yakkas and still got rats so we moved on. The next stop was off Coogee in about 70m. There wasn't much current so drifting was the plan. After a few hours we had a few snapper around the 40cm mark and the trag wouldn't stop. Then all of a sudden my rod buckles, 30lb braid is peeling off fast, after a 15min fight back a forward my old man netted this beast. It went 72cm, not bad for a Coogee snapper. After a few more drifts we left them biting and headed back. I was using the squid and yakkas for bait which worked for the trag but the big snapper took a small piece of pillie believe it or not. post-23871-0-40075400-1388715813_thumb.jpgpost-23871-0-73685700-1388715845_thumb.jpgpost-23871-0-38606800-1388715906_thumb.jpg

Hi guys

I went for a fish on Monday the 30th out from botany, the day started well with plenty of yakkas and a few squid. We trolled a few x-raps past malabar with plenty of rat kings smashing everything. We used about 5 big yakkas and still got rats so we moved on. The next stop was off Coogee in about 70m. There wasn't much current so drifting was the plan. After a few hours we had a few snapper around the 40cm mark and the trag wouldn't stop. Then all of a sudden my rod buckles, 30lb braid is peeling off fast, after a 15min fight back a forward my old man netted this beast. It went 72cm, not bad for a Coogee snapper. After a few more drifts we left them biting and headed back. I was using the squid and yakkas for bait which worked for the trag but the big snapper took a small piece of pillie believe it or not. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

you gotta be happy with that!! well done!