Sick of low life's!

Scratchie

This is the second time in a week I've to make a police report for stolen property.

1. My sons bag was stolen from birubi beach with iPhone, camera and wallet.

2. Last night some scumbag has ruined my holiday by stealing my hat which contained my wallet, car keys and sunglasses.

It was partially my fault as I left it on the table when I went to the toilet before bed. It took 2 minutes.

To make things worse, my fishing rods are still in the car I can't access. Now I'm really pissed off!

I even cut short our night so we could continue our yakking adventure we started yesterday!

The only good thing that happen yesterday was I caught a PB 45cm bass but couldn't photo it as I left phone in the car! But I finally see how they can pull hard.

So to whoever has been stealing my shit, bad karma to you! What goes around comes around!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s locksmith on their way, I need my rods!

Its a real shame that we live in a society that we have to bolt everything down otherwise it disappears.

Although its a minority that are scum(one would hope) Makes you wonder sometimes why we bother being good people and doing the right thing by others.

Try and enjoy the rest of your trip and don't let scumbags ruin it for you…..they will get whats coming to them sooner or later.

I only just read this but that is unbelievable how low some people stoop! Hope you are rewarded with a great fishing session once those locksmiths extract your rods from the car.

Nice work on the 45 cm bass. :biggrinthumb:

Edited by nbdshroom

Makes you wonder sometimes why we bother being good people and doing the right thing by others..

Mate i feel for the victim in this case, but by us being kind people it stops us becomming like them . ( the evil doers) Tight lines!, Shakeel

And it gets worse! $800 to get the locks changed for the car. Minus the $700 in my wallet and the $600 fine I got on the way up here! I camped so it was cost effective! I'm fully insured and the excess for this is $650. I get robbed either way!

Should have just hired a penthouse suite and got my massage after fishing and ate lobster by the beachside cafe while drinking Louie 3rd!

Sorry to hear of your woes, Jeff! Yep - bloody low lifes!! With the iPhones, is there a tracking device on them? I heard there was?

Yeah - you take out insurance on the hope you don't need to use it .... and still feel robbed! :(

Glad you got a PB bass - that should have brought a smile to the dial

cheers Roberta

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

I just read this post. I'm so sorry to hear about the thefts. I don't believe in karma, 'cause these buggers only wind up getting caught because they get careless. So there will be other victims, I'm sure.

If something good does come your way, then I'll be happy for you. Just make sure you take whatever fortune befalls you and enjoy the moment.

Like Roberta said, iPhones or indeed, any other mobile phone is traceable via it's IMEI number. Check with your son's service provider and / or the police on how you go about having the IMEI traced. I used to know, but I've forgotten all the details since I left Dick Smith's back in '05. With luck, someone may find your wallets, but by that time, you'll both have replaced all the documents you normally carry in it.

The camera might wind up in a pawn shop, but honestly unless it's really expensive, it's probably not worth trying to put a trace on it.

I hope your insurance company gives you good service so you can at least recover some of the costs, despite the excess.

But the fishing rods! Mate, no man should ever be deprived of their fishing gear. It was only fitting that you should score a nice bass.

Anyway, you know you have the Raider community supporting you in spirit.

Better times ahead.

• 2 weeks later...