PB Croc 95.5cm

Linc

It's now been 6 months after the family and I made the move from Melb to Sydney and I've not got a single regret. We are so spoiled with the waterways up here!

A few weeks ago I improved on my old PB flatty of 59cm with a 60cm model, yesterday I added another 35.5cm to that! And the most exciting this she was on plastic!

As she was coming to the boat we both said "Oh a double header'' as we are so used to fishing with bait on a 2 hook paternoster rig, then I remembered I'm using a plastic so only one hook, the other fish was coming up with his mama along with 2 or 3 of his other mates, it was quite amazing seeing this giant rise from the bottom with all of her boys following along, we could have almost netted the boys if we weren't worried about losing the big girl.

Caught her not far out from the first runway in Botany. To give you an idea of the girth on her, the bragmat measures 35cm in width.

Released her to go and find her boys again but managed to catch a few 40-50cm flatties to make up a feed so very happy overall :)

I only wish I remembered to check what needed to be in the pic for fish of the month, I never bother because I never think I'll catch anything to compete with you expert Sydney anglers!

Thanks to Fishraider and all of the raiders who post such helpful advice allowing someone so new to Sydney to catch such unbelievable fish!

post-30908-0-86813300-1389473048_thumb.jpg

post-30908-0-29647400-1389473058_thumb.jpg

post-30908-0-76958700-1389473065_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Interesting that it had some boys with her - when I was a teen my mate caught a similar size one on a handline of all things. When he get her in we discovered there was another smaller almost legal flathead down her gob.

Interesting that it had some boys with her - when I was a teen my mate caught a similar size one on a handline of all things.  When he get her in we discovered there was another smaller almost legal flathead down her gob.

Wow really

That's weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk