Port Hacking flats

Yowie

Pumped a few nippers and drifted about a few different sand flats.

Apart from one nice flattie, the other fish are not too much over the limit. Released a few just under sized bream, but no whiting today. Have been a few about recently, but none to be even seen swimming about.

The bream were in patches, with some areas not receiving a bite at all. Much quieter than the last couple of months.

post-13153-0-39753100-1389834060_thumb.jpg

Have thrown SP's around a couple of times for the odd fish, as for poppers, bought a couple of good looking prawn types (well, they looked fishy to me) but nothing on them.

Plenty of nippers at Maianbar flats, so I use them when drifting the flats on the run-up tide.

Chris,

There have been a few whiting about over the last few months, but none there today. Sometimes it happens, and they could be back tomorrow.

Maybe some have moved up stream with the clearer water.

Dave.

My girlfriend and went fishing a few weeks ago near Roseville Bridge about 2-3 weeks ago and she caught a sand whiting about 20cm long but that's all we have seen there (been fishing nearly every latearvo/night since we got into fishing a month ago). Hope you guys can find some

Guest Aussie007

good on ya yowie, ive never really caught much of decent size from a boat in the hacking so goes to show im fishing the wrong spots :biggrinthumb: