Back On The Water

mottyman

Hi Guys,

Just thought I share the fact I have my boat back. :1clap:

About 18 months ago when my wife was pregnant we had a bit of a rough patch so I sold it to raise a little bit of money. It worked and everyting was fine.

The other week, I got a call from my ex-neighbour who bought it from me saying they have only used it less than a handful of times over the 18 months and had heard I was missing it terribly!! :thumbdown:

My wife and his wife met at the shops! :biggrin2:

So... I says yeah and go for a look. It hadn't changed at all since I sold it and a quick check over had it back in my garage for $250 less than I sold it for. :yahoo:

I gave the motor a quick going over (plugs, leg oil, fuel filter, greased the linkages not that they needed it), steering and forward controls all in excellent shape, got rid of the old fuel, checked over the trailer (lights, bearings, rollers, coupling etc) and we're good to go!!

Put the engine in the bucket and 3rd pull and she fires to life and idles away no problems. :yahoo::yahoo:

So... I'm off for a run and a bit of a fish this Thursday (RDO) down the Hacking. It will be great to get back out mid week on my own. Almost my favourite thing in the world to do!!

A couple of pics of the little beast. She's only 13' long but serves me well and catches me plenty of fish so I can't ask for more....

post-237-1124752325_thumb.jpeg

post-237-1124752341_thumb.jpeg

Cheers,

David.

Edited by mottyman

Neat looking little unit Dave, must feel great to have her back.

My :wife: has relented and told me I can get myself a boat before chrissy so hopefully it wont be long till I can enjoy the pleasures of slipping out for a quiet fish on my own as well.

Hope you catch a few I haven't been out in the Hacko for a couple of months and am eager to get back out there for a fish

Hi Rob,

Yeah mate, she's a great little boat and perfect for me to handle on my own or with my Son Andy. The Mrs and I often take it up to Lake Macquarie as well. It's just perfect up there.

Despite it's size, it's quite capable. The screen provides some protection and I can sit under the canopy on a hot day. It's also quite a dry little boat pushing into the chop and just flys in good conditions with the 25 on the back.

Before I sold it I painted it and put all the stickers on it to dress it up a bit, made a bait board out of a couple of kids sand buckets, ply and aluminium strips to hang on the side and put a fish box in. I also have a little removable live bait tank as well so I'm well set up for a days fishing.

Very happy mate, thanks! :yahoo:

Cheers,

Nice story Mottyman, like finding your dog that had run away. :biggrin2:

Im sure you and the young bloke will have years of enjoyment out of her. I regularly frequent Lake Mac and if I see ya ill say gday.

Have fun. :1fishing1:

Thanks Grant and Hooky!!

If you guys see me be sure to say G'day.

Looking forward to getting to both areas this summer but particuarly putting in at Kurnell (I assume the ramp is still the same :hitsfan: ) and getting stuck into those Sambos!!!!

I'll also be on the Parra with the young bloke a bit too I reckon!!

Cheers,

Top stuff!!!

After a boatless period last year I decided I'd rather cut my old fella off than be without my boat!!!! Looking at my empty carport would send me into a state of depression!!!

That first trip out will be special. There's nothing quite like having your own boat.

It would be like having your lost child come home

Just keep a eye out the first time you take it out as oil seals sometimes let go when the donk has been sitting over a long period my old boat Troublemaker blew the gear box seals :1clap:

Edited by WetPatch

Guest bluecod
It would be like having your lost child come home

63435[/snapback]

My :wife: read this and went away with a tear in her eye, muttering about a touching story :074::074:

Good to see you're back on the water, but will you ever sell her again?

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. I can't wait to get out there tomorrow but as always, I'll be taking it easy and making sure everything is OK before I go too far away. Safety first!! :biggrin2:

Martin - my wife got an eternity ring :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes:

Harry, the Tohatsu has been a great motor and still is. It's a noisy old thing compared to the new motors but I can live with that :biggrin2:

Thanks again and if you ever see me out there make sure you come and say G'day :thumbup:

Cheers

David.