Aussie Day on Botany Bay

Krispy !

Headed out from foreshore at 5:30 into very choppy water with a pretty big swell so was forced to head into calmer shallower water far inside yarra bay where I started a burley trail and got into some bream flathead and a legal snapper. Conditions calmed down enough for us to head out to the drums where we got 1 rat king going 57cm and got dusted by one that felt a lot bigger. Not much after that so headed to Kurnell and finished up with some more flathead and trevally. Not the best conditions but a reasonable feed to be had tonight and tommorrow.

post-11865-0-61827900-1390709652_thumb.jpg

Headed out from foreshore at 5:30 into very choppy water with a pretty big swell so was forced to head into calmer shallower water far inside yarra bay where I started a burley trail and got into some bream flathead and a legal snapper. Conditions calmed down enough for us to head out to the drums where we got 1 rat king going 57cm and got dusted by one that felt a lot bigger. Not much after that so headed to Kurnell and finished up with some more flathead and trevally. Not the best conditions but a reasonable feed to be had tonight and tommorrow.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice fish, was there at botany today as well. Caught a kingie around 6pm and lost a larger one due to pulled hook minutes after.

Its good the larger ones are arriving in bigger numbers.

A good catch there Krispy, keep you going for a while.

Thanks yowie yeah is was a decent catch considering the conditions early

Nice fish, was there at botany today as well. Caught a kingie around 6pm and lost a larger one due to pulled hook minutes after.

Its good the larger ones are arriving in bigger numbers.

Theyre abit random at the moment, pop up out of nowhere, no consistency yet

Hey Krispy,

Great catch there, I have been trying for a catch like that in the Bay for 2yrs now. What was the killer bait and tide time and depth, if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers Larry

Hey Larry,

The conditions and tides were not ideal, normally we fish an early morning run up and run out but yesterday we got all of the run out and the beginning of the run up, a tide change nonetheless which is most important. We got the fish throughout the day so there was no stand out time where the fish were biting, baits used were pilchards very fresh prawns and squid caught the night before. Prawns were most effective on bream and flatties whereas squid was most effective on the trevally and kingfish.

Hey Larry,

The conditions and tides were not ideal, normally we fish an early morning run up and run out but yesterday we got all of the run out and the beginning of the run up, a tide change nonetheless which is most important. We got the fish throughout the day so there was no stand out time where the fish were biting, baits used were pilchards very fresh prawns and squid caught the night before. Prawns were most effective on bream and flatties whereas squid was most effective on the trevally and kingfish.

Thanks a lot for the info Krispy, not much different to what we do except fresh prawns sounds the go, so will just keep trying

CYA Buddy

Edited by Skullidug

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

A reasonable feed? What would you call a big catch.

That is a bag that anyone would be happy with. Great Pic, thanks for sharing.

cheers

Paikea

Good catch. I was out in the Bay that day. 1 flattie about 50cm, 1 whiting and about 15 just 28 cm pinkies. Beautiful until about 11am. Lots of tailor breaking the surface around me for 2 hours but they weren't interesed in anything I through at them. Only 1 hit but got bitten off. That was my 1st outing in the bay for almost 12 months.

Could to be out again.

Flano

Edited by Flano

The bay was definitely very lively yesterday.

I fished the drums near watts reef and got a 56cm flatty and my son caught 32cm bream. Caught heaps of whiting and snapper throw backs.

I was using frozen pillies and old prawns. Burley was definitely the key ingredient. Every time I would burley I would get swarmed by slimmy mackerels.