DY wide again

saltrix

The plan was to head out to the Sydney FAD to try for dollies, then head to Long Reef wall to see if there were any Kings around, but after rounding the heads it was too rough to make the longer runs and we settled for DY wide.

There were a few fish around but it was very rough for the first couple of hours then it calmed down when it was time to head for home.

post-3961-0-78454900-1391328647_thumb.jpg

We caught a good mixed bag of mowies, reds, and marbled flathead, with a few jackets and wrasse as well.

Here is my catch.

post-3961-0-19153000-1391328829_thumb.jpg

Not what we planned but a good day considering conditions.

Paul.

There are marks which produce fish at that exact spot, and the gps in a great tool to get you to that location and ensure you track over the mark.

Just drifting around does pick up a few fish, but it is much better to mark the spot where the bites occur and go over that spot again.

The spots we fish are about 5 nautical miles off Dee Why and I am happy to give you site marks or GPS for a site. After that drift around the mark and see where the fish bite, then mark it on the GPS.

It gets a bit rough so do not exceed your boats range, and also the depth is 50-58m so we use 1LB sinkers and 3 dropper rigs as it a long way up.

If the wind is more than about 5 knots a sea anchor is a good idea. Also watch the sounder as there are reefs at the edge of the gravel drifts which snag your gear and also are inhabited by pickers.

PM me if you want a GPS mark.

Regards Alan