Mulloway Success!

ashisnothereman

That is a beast! Well done - how big was it? Nothing lie your first big Jew, seeing it's head come up out of the water at night with their beautiful eyes. Congratulations - I'm sure you have put in the hours to catch it

Chers

The Rev

Report:

Headed out last Wednesday night conditions were great only downside was the hightide was at 2am and I like to stick to the runout for jews. Filled the livie tank and headed for the beach. Lugged everything down and were fishing by 11pm. No action at all, usually get missed hook ups and shredded baits or a pesky shovelnose shark. Pretty much contemplating leaving but wanted to stay for the high change and maybe a bit of the run out. Good thing I did as right on 2am (high change) my rod buckled and that beautiful ZzzzZZZZzzzz of the reel. Grabbed the rod and knew something big was on, let it run a bit and i was calling to my mate man this is huge i think its a ray or something, then it was time to give it some hurt, tightened my drag up to fighting strength and tried to get some line back but she did not care one bit and then I felt the head shakes and everything I had read all came together and I knew it was a jewfish. Chased her down the beach and was really low on line so made the decision to trust my knots and up the drag. Slowly made some line back and she took another run and that was about it. Got her in and my mate tackled her in the surf. Fight was about 30 minutes.

Oh and she was released.

After the adrenalin and endorphin wore off and I was able to physically put a livie on my hooks, we sent out fresh baits and had some fun with bronzies or spinner sharks to 4ft.

Cheers!

Most raiders dream of a Jew that size for their first! Well done! :) that is a cracking fish and you will spend the rest of your life trying to beat that! Enjoy the moment cos the disappointments are the real story when chasing Jew!

But for now, relish on the glory! Great great fish!

Cheers scratchie!!!