Pittwater/Hawkesbury - With Video

DeanFish

Raiders,

Had a good day out onboard Devil Ray. We had a great start to the morning filling the live bait tank very quickly. We headed into Pittwater and slow trolled at 2 knots with the yakkas in tow (behind a size 10 ball sinker in the absence of a downrigger).

On approach to Scotland Island we hooked our only kingfish for the day (you can see the catch in the video below).

We decided to head outside Barrenjoey and also tried the valiant wreck for zilch.

We then had a quick flick on the Pittwater side of Palm Beach (opposite the golf course) and headed into a spot not far from Juno Point. We ended up with having a decent day with the following results .(some caught in the video but plenty missed due to a few issues with the camera)

1 x Kingfish (undersize)

4 x Flathead

2 x Bream

2 x Tailor

3 x Snapper (undersize)

1 x Jewfish (undersize)

1 x Hammerhead shark

Another very enjoyable day out on the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9Ntj_FqQQ

nice vid deano, love the tunes. also fished the hawkesbury yesterday,was pretty quiet fish wise pretty busy boat wise,we only managed half adozen squire, two tailor,four soapies, and a keeper flattie, oh and a seahorse of all things left my phone in the car so i didnt get any pics

Had a top day.... Atleast we could get some livies yesterday, not like the stuck up Balmoral yakkas we come across a few weeks ago...

I thought i had a good jew when that Hammerhead took that slab of Tailor, but not long into the fight it come to the surface so that took the wind outa my sails.

PS.... If any Raiders would like to buy a pole fitted with a camera mount i am open to offers of Beer or Tackle, Deano ( AKA DEANFISH) unwisely left it on my boat just like he did my awesome esky he left with me a few years ago LOL

Guest Aussie007

great video looks like the big fella didnt know how to handle the hammer head lucky it wasnt any bigger you'd rather be out of the boat than in it :biggrinthumb:

• 1 year later...