P,B Dolly off sydney

scaffsta

G'day raiders, last week I had a couple of early job & nocks so Friday after a quick scaffold inspection at the Opera House I raced home grabbed my 2 tiagra 50s & the boat & straight to Tunks getting there at 12.30.

Got the boat in & off I went, ( I hate the 4 knot zone at the spit ) got to north head & it was perfect nice and flat.

Being solo again I thought I will race out to the 100 mtr mark & see whats happening, passing lots of current line I came across one that looked like glass & the temp jumped from 23.6 to 25.2 deg so I thought im throwing 2 lures out & troll.

Dropped both lures in set the drags sat back down & within 30seconds I had a strike but it missed I looked back to see this fish hit the lure again & miss, it did a circle & on the 3rd strike it was on.

Wasn't sure at this stage if it was a small marlin or what till it jumped & to my surprise the biggest dolly iv ever seen personally. Pulled the other rod in turned the go pro on and started to fight this thing, 12 minutes later & a few gaff shot attempts it was in the boat & one very happy chappy I was I think the other guys out there could hear me yahooing for miles lol.

Trolled a bit more around some traps In the 100mtr area for lots of 65-70cm dollies but threw them all back As I have a freezer full back at home & very content with the fish I caught.

Set the timer on my phone took a couple of snap shots out there & a few back at home I will sort out the video on youtube as soon as I can.

Fish length was 1670mm long & 18.5 kilos

Ps would it be possible to enter this fish for COM ??

Cheers Steve

post-14348-0-36195900-1394251824_thumb.jpg

post-14348-0-86417000-1394252121_thumb.jpg

post-14348-0-12127300-1394252222_thumb.jpg

Edited by scaffsta

Insane, I was also out on friday and heard someone caught a 25kg dolly I heard on the radio

Is this the same fish easy to have called it for 25kg its huge

Congratulations that is a amazing dolly and to get it solo is a big effort

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys & yes Simda that was me that called it for a 25 kg dolly but I over guessed the weight, the adrenalin rush had taken over at that point in time & it just seemed huge. I was so excited looking back on the video I looked like a nut trying to land this fish alone lol

http://youtu.be/Pvg4fT6OowI

Edited by scaffsta

Mate that is the Biggest dolly i have ever seen off Sydney!

Did it go hard?

What lure if you don't mind?

Ive been using the light 14lb gear for the dollies but may need to upgrade!

Got all mine exclusively on xraps, they have not touched the halcos at all.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by tasksta

Thanks guys & yes Simda that was me that called it for a 25 kg dolly but I over guessed the weight, the adrenalin rush had taken over at that point in time & it just seemed huge. I was so excited looking back on the video I looked like a nut trying to land this fish alone lol

Now that's a dolly great job and solo

Stickybeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Sticky Beak hear you on the water that days as well, how did you finish up

Will say hi next time my boats name is Molly

Regards Dave

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

What a Cracker of a Fish you did Good landing it yourself very well done she sure is a fine specimen a fish of a lifetime ( next time wear a Life Jacket if you are on the boat by Yourself any bigger it might dragged you in)

Cheers Oziodin :fishing1:

Thanks again guys & yep theres some fine dollies out there if you can get passed the smaller fish.

Never a dull moment when we go together Cuz that was a good fish on Thursday & put up a good fight on 15kgs

That's what drives a true fisho, the hope of catching that fish of a lifetime :fishing1: