Live Bait Tank / Perspex

oziodin

I'm cutting a cut out in my Aluminium Live Bait Tank , I'm going to fit Perspex "window" 73cm X 23cm .on the inside of tank with Silicon , what Perspex would you recommend ( Thickness of Perspex and also the pro's and con's of Tinted or Clear Perspex ) Thank you for the advise.

Cheers Oziodin :1fishing1:

First up I wouldn't use silicon as a sealant. It leaches chemical into water. Make a rubber gasket and screw it in with marine grade stainless bolts

How big is the hole going to be and whats the capacity of the live bait tank.........that will determine the thickness of the perspex, the bigger the hole, the thicker perspex you'll need

Edited by Crossfire63

That is one hell of a long window. Are you sure that you need one that big?

Also, why not use toughened glass, fairly cheap to buy from a glass merchant, easy to fit and does not scratch or yellow over time.

I did a post on the glass window that I fitted to my Trailcraft that shows how. That may be helpful to you?

Cheers

Paikea

Be careful if you go the glass route as its significantly heavier than perspex.

Having said that, I work in glass and if your tank can handle the extra weight and rigidity of glass I would use 6, 38 laminated as a window with a rubber gasket.

If anyone needs advice with glass let me know.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk