I Bought The Boat

Martin

Firstly, thank you to all for your advice, views and thoughts. They were greatly appreciated.

I flew up to Queensland saw the boat, had a ride in it and bought it.

She is in great condition, a few minor gel coat chips(which they are fixing) and some minor hair line cracks in the cockpit floor. The motor looks great, fired up first go and ran well. It has dome some 150 hours, I have been told and comes with a 3 month warranty. The head, etc was vacum tested/checked out.

Aussie Whaler Profish 550 optioned up.

Johnson 115hp Ocean Pro with foil and gauges, bait table, rod holders, 2 x upholstered swivel seats, hard top with rocket launchers, clears to 3 sides, nav lights, split bow rails, aux motor bracket, transom ladder, under seat storage, bunk cushions, boat cover, large open cockpit, Humminbird 400TX sounder, 27 meg radio, compass, carpeted cockpit floor, 6 gang switch panel, bilge pump, plumbed bait tank, under floor kill tank, cockpit lights, deck wash, underfloor storage, dual batteries & isolation switch, fuel tank with deck fill, rod storage racks, Tinka Classic tandem braked trailer with spare wheel and jockey wheel.

Theres a few things I will do, eg out riggers.

They will detail the boat and do a 100hr service on the motor and to play safe I have asked for a new water pump and impeller as part of the deal.

The boat and motor are 1999. I should take delivery in about a week once I arrange a boat transporter.

Any one interested in a Stejecraft 4.75 with a 60hp two stroke Mercury with log books and 230 hrs. Very good condition.

Yes I am excited!!!!!!!!!!

:1clap::thumbup::thumbup::biggrin2::1prop::1fishing1:

Cheers

post-144-1125144046_thumb.jpg

post-144-1125144087_thumb.jpg

Guest Jocool

Great rig Martin. :1clap: But your in the crapper if you expect to add stuff to her! It's bloody well got everything! :074::074: Hope she serves you well buddy.

Nice boat, we were going to get one of those a few years ago with a honda 4stroke but the deal fell through and we ended up with the signature. Ditch that sounder if you plan on fishing wide, I have one and they are useless after 100m. :thumbdown:

Thank you guys, I am looking foreword to taking her out and there is room for some raider pals to go for a fish.

Darryl, I am a bit sad selling the Stejcraft, she is a great boat. It will be interesting launching the Aussie Whaler as it is a bigger boat and the Stejcraft is simple and easy if you’re on your own or in my case on many occasions had my 7 year old son with me.

The boat is nicely optioned, however and there is always a however.

Joe has inspired me to get a set of out rigger poles which I have been looking at today.

I think I would like a new sounder and may go for another Humminbird Matrix but instead of the 17 on my current boat I may go up one to a 27 model. Currently the Whaler is fitted with a Humminbird 400TX. Don’t know what they are like. I will put a new radio in like the waterproof Lawrence which a few Raider members have bought; I'll add 2x fluoro lights, a burley pot and line the cabin as well as add some side shelves in there, and a porta potty.

If the budget will extend then there's 2 Dueohelm boats box seats - one with storage and ice box and the other with tackle drawers, e-perb and fire extinguisher holders. Finally I am toying with the idea of laying a teak cockpit floor.

So all of the above are thoughts at the moment and I may just be dreaming with the excitement of a new boat, not to mention it all costs money and I have to convince the wife. Right now is not the best time to ask.

But at least the boat will look good.

Cheers.

Guest Jocool
Where do you guys get the money for these beats?

64291[/snapback]

I can only speak for myself. I ran a very profitable drug empire. Added to that was a couple of good earners on the side of SP bookie, and a rather large debt collection franchise. On the odd occasion, when business was slow, I went into the missing persons game! :074::074::074:

Mate, a lot of hard work, perceverence, an understanding family and in my case add a willing bank to the equation. :thumbup:

As far as getting her on and off the trailer, I usually drive mine on, seems to work well, particularly at Bayview where the ramp is the right slope.

I often put the Pogoboat on and off alone, the trick is getting the boat to run straight onto the rollers, give her a good push with the motor to get her to run up onto the bow roller and then back off a bit so it just holds then nip round the front and clip on. I can do that from inside the boat but that might be a bit harder in yours.

Thanks Pogo, we drove her on and off when I took her for a test run.

Can't wait till it arrives and I get a days fishing in her. I have been visiting a few stores looking at few things I would like to get. Need a little restraint I think to get a feel for her and what may make life a little better on board.

Viking, already there and have the Solas brochure, however it looks as though I can get a set of 14ft out riggers fully rigged for $600 from a local tackle store.

Thany you every one for your positive comments on the boat

Cheers

Viking, already there and have the Solas brochure, however it looks as though I can get a set of 14ft out riggers fully rigged for $600 from a local tackle store.

Thany you every one for your positive comments on the boat

Cheers

65122[/snapback]

Martin, sounds like you are onto a good deal.. see you out there on the "BlueWater" soon. :thumbup: