Favorite Rod N Reel

lurespinner

hey guys

i dont really have any very good rods/reels just cheapies :thumbdown:

sometime in the future i am probably going to buy a good one and im wondering what all of you have

im thinking about an outfit to catch bream/salmon and even small kings :biggrin2:

cheers

Tom

Guest fishrunner

My 2 favorites would have to be my :

Loomis IMX dropshot with luvias :biggrin2:

and

Loomis IMX ultralight with stradic 1000.

Both are extra fast action and beautifuly balanced and feel great loaded up..... :thumbup:

Are good for bream,sambo's and placcid kingies :tease: .

cheers

My current 2 faves are my heartland z "seagake" with a team daiwa 2000

and a custom built 2kg loomis with a 1500 capricorn.

Between the pair of them a lot of good fish have come to the boat!

If he would leave it lieing around for long enough Fishrunners ultralite outfit would make the list!!! :biggrin2:

hey lurespinner!!!! :biggrin2:

my fav is my ugly stick 3-4kgs with a mad shimano s2000(?) neva had a problem landing fish with that!! also have a jarvis walker outfit for whiting geat light rod you feel all the bites :thumbup:

plenty of stuff on the market so you really cant go wrong if you get the right advice!!!

what sort of fish are you targeting?????

cheers

subynick...

:fishing1:

Mine would definatly have to be 7' 1-3kg Strudwick Sofbodz Pro matched with a Daiwa Luvias 2000 spooled with 4lb PLatypus Super-Braid

My other Fave would be 7' 1-3kg Strudwick Sofbodz Finnese Matched with a Daiwa Luvias 2000 spooled with 2lb Platypus Super-Braid

Both of these set ups have accounted for Big Bream, Trevors, lizards, sambos and reds.

Note: I am sponsored by Strudwick and am currently asociated with Platypus Super-Braid. I only added this as i don't want to be seen as breaching site rules and talking about a non site sponsor as I have previously

Mitch

Guest Jocool

You bunch of pussies! :074::074:

My fave rod is my Ugly Stik GB12602. GB stands for GUT BUSTER! Its a dirty big 12 foot rod! Loaded with a 650 Alvey, it has served me well over the years! :thumbup::thumbup:

My second fave would have to be a 13 foot one piece beach rod of un-known origins. Its caught heaps of good fish, and certainly turned heads whenever I went to Avoca in my mini with the rod out the window! :biggrin2:

Mine is a Daiwa Procaster X 2-4kg with Tica Taurus TP 2000s. It may have to be demoted to least favourite pretty soon though... The anti-reverse in the reel is starting to play up and it occasionally will wind backwards freely. It's a couple of years old, and has had a lot of use, but I still would have thought it would have lasted longer than this.

I'll send it back to the manufacturer and see if they can fix it. If not, then those Team Daiwa TD Z CU2000's are looking pretty nice.

Guest hottuna

Atm its a strudwick 7ft 4-6kg sbf matched with either a 4000 stradic or 2000 capricorn.

In the past it was a sweet gl3 loomis crafted by allen glover and 2000 capricorn, still have this outfit though i`ve kind retired it for a season.

dan

it's funny that everybody on this thread has a different liking to brands but most have chosen thier lite spin outfits as their No 1 choice other than Jocool. I'm the same.

My favourites are my Stella 1000 reel matched with a Samurai S00X 2-4kg 7.5ft rod(built this myself) beautiful bream and flattie rig.

And a Stella 2500 reel matched to a Daiwa Coastal rod 4-8 kg 7ft. This outfit will stop most kingys you will encounter.

it's funny that everybody on this thread has a different liking to brands but most have chosen thier lite spin outfits as their No 1 choice other than Jocool. I'm the same.

My favourites are my Stella 1000 reel matched with a Samurai S00X 2-4kg 7.5ft rod(built this myself) beautiful bream and flattie rig.

And a Stella 2500 reel matched to a Daiwa Coastal rod 4-8 kg 7ft. This outfit will stop most kingys you will encounter.

64310[/snapback]

I think the main reason everyone did this was because the original post was asking what was people's favourite combo in the context of fishing for bream/salmon & small kings.

Favourite rod over all for me however would be my 12' Wilson Beach Master with Okuma EB-80. Mainly because I have caught some of my better fish with this rod off the beach, and it will cast a 65g slug a mile.

Guest Jocool
I think the main reason everyone did this was because the original post was asking what was people's favourite combo in the context of fishing for bream/salmon & small kings.

64315[/snapback]

Well in that case I should re-think my answer.... :mad3:

On a tried outfit, it would have to be a Wilson rod, 2-3 KG mated to a Daiwa similar to a Capricorn in a 1500 size.

I have a Baitcsat outfit consisting of a Procaster rod and a Castaic reel which has been great on Sambos a couple of seasons back.

A Strudie Sik Stik in 6KG feels real nice but is yet to be blooded. As is a Calcutta 150 on a light Morrum rod. :biggrin2:

Hey lure spinner the rod ive caught more species of fish on than any other is my sic stic by studwick 1-3 kg with a libra tica 3000 this rod can cast small bream sp's and hb's but has heaps of power in the but the biggest fish ive caught on it was a 15 kg jewies the drags smooth and ive never had any problems with it other than my best mate stepping on the tip and breaking it off :ranting2: but it only cost him $50 for a new top half its my confidence rod and its great fun catching fish on :thumbup:

My fave outfit at the moment is my Black Diamond Flats Ranger 3-5kg with Daiwa Certate 1500 and 4lb Fireline. Great bream outfit, and can handle bigger fish with ease too - yet to get a king, but plenty of big trevally. Problem is the Certate is making all my other reels feel inferior! My second fave at the moment is the Daiwa Saegake with Sustain 1000, I use this as my lighter SP rod (1/16 and lighter), can't go on enough about how good the Sageake is!

Ben.

I have a couple of favourite combos

1. My Heartland Z 4-8lb with a Quantum Energy PTI 10

2. Ugly Stick - Shimano 3500 baitrunner

3. Custom Shearwater 15kg Spin stick with 6500z Saltiga

Plus I have heaps of small overheads etc.

Actually they are all my favourites and I need more favourites :thumbup::yahoo:

Cheers

Lee

My all time favorite is my shogun light spin (6' & 1-2kg), with Laguna 2000 and 4lb line, landed salmon, rat kings, bass, lizrads, breambos, tailor etc on this rod, great fun!

my new favorites are slightly heavier spin outfits, and have landed all the above, plus jews and more.

rods : Berkley Dropshot 6'8" 3-5kg / Berkley Dropshot 7'2" 2-4kg

reels : Shimano Symetre 2500 / Diawa Laguna 2500

line : 4lb, 6lb or 10lb fireline depending on the target and terrain

Chris

Favourite flyrod.........Loomis GLX 9'6 7 wt With the old Lamson reel

Favourite lite spin Nitro Distance spin 7'6 with an old daiwa EX tournament

Favourite Rock and beach an old butterworth 4144 with alvey

Favourite baitcaster a home rolled loomis IMX 6'6 with ABU 1500c