Kings, Tunas and PB Marlin with Video.

Formosan

Hi Guys

We took two boats out on sunday ( Quintrex480 and My boat Formosa). Our game plan was slightly different. He was targeting kings, Where as I was to join him for a few passes for kings then head wide looking for dollies, stripies and hopefully a Marlin.

He got into a few decent size kings..he might post pics later.

We got a keeper king at 75cm and some rats, then head wide on the troll and as expected we got into stripe tunas every 5-10 mins. Heading east and the water was getting warmer at 25.4 degrees.

Then what looked like another standard stripie where everyone was in no rush to pickup the rod, My deckies yell out for me to wind it in..ho hum.. I was thinking maybe a dollie..not pulling hard at all..then shit! it go some weight on it..then it jumped in the air! Black marlin!!. The reel screamed with line peeling off at a rate of knots..I yelled out to the driver to chase it before i get spooled. This is on a saltist 6000 spin outfit..After some good driving by my bro in laws , coaching and filming , 1 hr of pain later. I got our first and PB marlin.

The fish I had hope to catch and never thought it would come so soon on the first attempt. I was pretty much spent after that. Couldn't have done it without my deckies brother in laws, It was a good team effort.

We didn't get any dollies but we ticked a few boxes today and got 3/4 species. Kings, Stripe Tunas and PB Marlin .

As usual i will share some video. Got some good footage and under water footages will post later.

Like to thank this site and it is a great site to connect people and learn a lot of new tactics. Met and learnt quite a lot from the people I met here, so thanks guys.

I am entering COTM of the month for this fish, If you think it is worthy please vote.

post-7044-0-98743600-1396246513_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-62958100-1396246526_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-72356300-1396246821_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-99795700-1396246841_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-77893100-1396248090_thumb.jpg

Edited by Formosan

Stands and applauds*

That is a tremendous effort on a 6000. I didn't even think that was possible. I would have thought you would have been spooled before the boat even got the engine started. Ultimate fish on 'light gear' hehe. It doesn't get better than that!

Luc.

Congratulations guys not everyday you catch a marlin on spin gear. Well done. Im yet to crack that milestone. If you don't mind me asking how far approx where you and how big was the skirt?

Regards

vo2c88

Speechless

Congratulations boys, how you have the composer to do such a good job videoing when so much else is going on is a real credit to you guy's

How wide were you, what kind of spead were you running?

Best regards David

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Congratulations guys, Fantastic achievement and a fish many of us want to tick off our list. All the more special to do it on light tackle, with friends in you own boat. looks like nice conditions for the fight too. great pics.