Couple of days at port!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Just a quick report from port stephens over the past 2 days. With so many visitors at my home and crap weather over the past week and a half, I had to get out and make the most of this good weather.

Yesterday, took a few kids and managed 15 nice whiting, a few flattys and a flounder.

Today, went out offshore with fellow raider Dom and a relo of mine. Managed a heap of livies and bonito. Headed to Broughton first, fishing was tough and we tried a few spots. Managed a few Noah's and a good bream and snapper then headed wider. Stopped at the traps and chased dollies for a while, really really tough to get them. We threw everything at them barring a stick of dynamite. Managed a few but lots of work! The ocean was glassed out and 23.9. Seen some big boys free jumping but couldn't find them.

Just a side note: the longtail are in the bay in numbers but are more picky than my children!

Won't stop me trying though!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Sounds like an eventful couple of days Jeff. You still got quick a number of good fish and one must make use of any fishable weather that's available given the super windy and wet weather that's been around for far too long lately. Looking forward to the next report!

Must be tuff up there if you can't score fish mate, hopefully I can jag something of size this weekend... Coming up tomorrow so glad you left some fish for me! Again many thanks for your help Jeff sincerely appreciated! Cheers Craig

Must be tuff up there if you can't score fish mate, hopefully I can jag something of size this weekend... Coming up tomorrow so glad you left some fish for me! Again many thanks for your help Jeff sincerely appreciated! Cheers Craig

No worries mate. Hope you get amongst them. The weathers no looking pretty from Friday.

Thanks guys! The weather has been unreal and I'm looking forward to another trip offshore to seal rocks tomorrow!

But today, I couldn't resist going out for a 2hr session.

Caught some nice pannies and some cracking flounder!

post-24974-0-99419500-1398235904_thumb.jpg

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice work, i was wondering how you got on over the weekend... it was too rough for us to head wide. nice flounder too. lures or bait and inside the port?

Hey mate, didn't get out until monday. Then went today for a little while. Heading to seals tomorrow.

The panny there is 35cm, so that flounder is a PB in the bay. I was inside using prawns and white pilchards. Fought a big snapper for about 10mins on SP's and was very close landing but it bent the hook straight. Grrrr.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Keep those reports coming, Scratchie! I'm heading up in a couple of weeks for 10 days. Hope they're still biting!

BTW - does Marine Rescue monitor VHF during the week up there?

Thanks,

Baz

Edited by Berleyguts

Keep those reports coming, Scratchie! I'm heading up in a couple of weeks for 10 days. Hope they're still biting!

BTW - does Marine Rescue monitor VHF during the week up there?

Thanks,

Baz

There always biting baz! It's just the species that change.

As for marine rescue, they operate 24/7 as far as I'm aware but will alternate with lake mac. They run really good crews up here.

Good luck, see you on the water!