Anyone heading offshore this week?

Heading out Friday if the weather is good to us

I'm looking at Friday...weather and crew permitting

Good stuff, I am going to head out either Thursday or Friday. A guy from SGFC got small stripe on Friday in close around 60fathoms and another boat got a big dollie and a hook up on a blue at 750 fathoms on the same day, so I'm not sure. I might head wide for change. Put the lures in before the 12 mile and just troll east to browns and beyond.

I'll check the water temp on Wedndesday that might help me make up my mind.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Yeah mate Friday and Sat looks like a done deal, just have to tell my boss...haha hopefully the currents slowed up on the shelf..!

We will be out there on Saturday - going to bottom bash for kings early and then head out wider to troll for dollies and marlin later in the morning

Heading out Friday at this stage.

Ocean is a little rough this morning Osbourne Shoals was breaking well out in Bate Bay when I had a walk this morning.

Bruce

I'm looking at Friday...weather and crew permitting

Thursday looks like crap so I will probably head out on Friday, maybe Saturday as well if I can swindle it. Sunday is mothers day, so that's out.

I will be on 22 and let you know if we get anything, our call sign is Happy Hooker.

Change of plans for me. New Autopilot going in today isn't finished and he has a job tomorrow on a boat while it's on the slips so will be finishing mine Friday. Shore bound for a few more days. Good luck if you get out and hopefully next week I can go a trial the new pilot.

We have a plan.

Looking to head out Sat and Sunday as the weather and current looks pretty good. Leave Broken Bay on sat morning (sparrows) and run out past terrigal FAD and onto Norah Canyons and possibly Newcastle Canyons and back into Newcastle port for the night. (approx 86nm). Hoping to rustle up a hot shower somewhere.My mate reckons we will be right with some lemons soy and wasabi but I will take some cash in case we need to fall back on a humble steak at the pub. Sunday back again having hopefully picked up the current lines or temp breaks on the way up. Happy to provide info accordingly if anyone is fishing up that way.Call sign FFM and we will be on 21

We will be in a 6.1m surtees trailerboat with a 150 merc 4 stroke and 200 litre tank.

Will be two full on days of about 10hrs on the water and may need to modify plans if we get a few fish. Can always call into Swansea and shave 10 miles EW off the trip. .

Not sure if there are any other worthwhile spots on route but would welcome feedback.

We have a plan.

Looking to head out Sat and Sunday as the weather and current looks pretty good. Leave Broken Bay on sat morning (sparrows) and run out past terrigal FAD and onto Norah Canyons and possibly Newcastle Canyons and back into Newcastle port for the night. (approx 86nm). Hoping to rustle up a hot shower somewhere.My mate reckons we will be right with some lemons soy and wasabi but I will take some cash in case we need to fall back on a humble steak at the pub. Sunday back again having hopefully picked up the current lines or temp breaks on the way up. Happy to provide info accordingly if anyone is fishing up that way.Call sign FFM and we will be on 21

We will be in a 6.1m surtees trailerboat with a 150 merc 4 stroke and 200 litre tank.

Will be two full on days of about 10hrs on the water and may need to modify plans if we get a few fish. Can always call into Swansea and shave 10 miles EW off the trip. .

Not sure if there are any other worthwhile spots on route but would welcome feedback.

Mate, a pub steak sounds really good, you will probably be sick of fish and appreciate the dry land :) I am still heading out tomorrow, I have no concrete plan, I will probably just chuck the lures in the before the 12 mile and just troll heading east towards Browns and beyond. I might even try get out Saturday as well.

I'll stay 21 and broadcast what I get, call sign Happy Hooker. I'll do quick post tomorrow night for anyone heading out Saturday, we will probably get nothing we are seriously due for a zero.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Mate, a pub steak sounds really good, you will probably be sick of fish and appreciate the dry land :) I am still heading out tomorrow, I have no concrete plan, I will probably just chuck the lures in the before the 12 mile and just troll heading east towards Browns and beyond. I might even try get out Saturday as well.

I'll stay 21 and broadcast what I get, call sign Happy Hooker. I'll do quick post tomorrow night for anyone heading out Saturday, we will probably get nothing we are seriously due for a zero.

Think that's was an attempt at reverse psychology...but what ever works is good.

Good luck

Think that's was an attempt at reverse psychology...but what ever works is good.

Good luck

you could be right :) its a feeble attempt

but seriously we are due for one, we don't always get big fish, but we haven't had a zero since mid dec last year and my gut feeling is telling me tomorrow is the day, or maybe I am just lowering my expectations to zero, so even if we get a small dollie or stripped tuna I will still be happy

Lets wait and see ... probably still out on the water or cleaning up. Hopefully the guys today have had some luck. Im looking to head out tomorrow myself so i will be waiting for good news :risata: