Cuttle and Calamari , My last two outings.

Basil D

Headed out last week for calamari bash and looked for new grounds, ended up with 6 including this stoncker post-8352-0-54622200-1399707728_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-55032700-1399707746_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-64318600-1399707747_thumb.jpg

Also went out today for a mahi sesh and come up with a donut, my mate says he got a couple about 10am.

Decided to head to Long reef for snapper and nothing was around except 20 boats lol.

Moved away from them and it paid off as I had a spike down hope for a cuttle but didnt think this beast would be around.

Looks like predators’ mask. my last record and fishraider record is 1.38m and this one come in at 1.4, post-8352-0-43423800-1399707894_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

That is ridiculous. Does it pulse like a squid? If so, that must need a serious rod.

Also a beak that size must absolutely destroy jigs

Very impressed, well done.

Whoah! How big was the fish on the spike? Must've been heavy to lift in. And I think you mean metres not cm.

just a decent yellow tail, dead ofcourse , I had from my last bait gathering trip.

Geeeezus!

Where will you find a plate big enough for those calimari rings ;-)

Awesome catch mate - well done.

all cleaned and cut up, bait and a feed for a few months lol

That is ridiculous. Does it pulse like a squid? If so, that must need a serious rod.

Also a beak that size must absolutely destroy jigs

Very impressed, well done.

yes it does and yes I use a 15 to 25 kg rod as I catch these big cuttle when the season is on.

Bloody hell!!!

... Steve

LOL

WOW that's a monster cuttle and a nice squid

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Thanks Sydney fisher

Mr Groper, that is a massive cuttlefish. What do you do with it??? Are they ok to eat or is that your bait for the next 3 years???

What a monster!

Cheers scratchie!!!

they better calamari to eat and those candle are not snappers favourite food for nothing but I wont share them.

Wow those are enormous. Imagine the Kings you'd pull in on them :P

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

I know a guy down sout who catches huge calamari for kings, yeah he pulls in big kings.

Dnmn8r. Live your immediate thoughts of live bait!

... Steve

I think a kingy would strugle to eat this beast lol

Basil you made my working week a pleasure after receiving a text saying come past and take some of my beast off my hands :biggrinthumb:

Well the kingy candle you gave me ,I arrived home and my wife cooked it for the family 5 star feed and much appreciated.

Still have plenty in reserve for a meal or kingy?????

Only twelve weeks to go and I can get out with you again and chase those big snapper or anything else that comes our way.

Chris.

Basil you made my working week a pleasure after receiving a text saying come past and take some of my beast off my hands :biggrinthumb:

Well the kingy candle you gave me ,I arrived home and my wife cooked it for the family 5 star feed and much appreciated.

Still have plenty in reserve for a meal or kingy?????

Only twelve weeks to go and I can get out with you again and chase those big snapper or anything else that comes our way.

Chris.

your welcome Chris, work is good and at the end of the tunnel you can play again :banana:

I was thinking about the size of it, you could use the quill for a surf board. Do you have any pictures of the quill?

Cheers scratchie!!!

yeah I will take a photo of it tonight , I have the beak as well.