Mother's Day whiting

rockfisherman

Hey guys

Had no intention of going fishing this morning, as it is Mother's Day, but the old body clock wouldn't let me sleep past 430am. Sat up, lay down, squirmed around in bed, then thought to my self "screw this, I'm going fishing"

By the time I had a quick coffee and completed my morning ritual ;) I got to the bait shop smack bang on 5am. Purchased a bag of worms and drive a bit further down the road to Brighton le sands.

I had modified an okuma Ventura 12 ft 3-7kg telescopic rod for alvey use, I cut 200mm of the butt and cut off the first runner, with a 45bc it worked a treat.

Within a short time I had bagged 4 whiting and thought to myself "iv done ok here, I better get back home before my wife has any reason to complain". Got home, cleaned my gear and filleted the fish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Hey guys

Had no intention of going fishing this morning, as it is Mother's Day, but the old body clock wouldn't let me sleep past 430am.

:074::074: That is a poor excuse if ever I heard one, and I've heard plenty more !

Regardless of that, you managed 4 nice whiting, so good work.

Guest stephanb79

Great job I wanted to do the same thing dismorning but the weather report told me its going to rain !! When I got up I had a look out the window I almost died should have went for a fish