Still no jew

So again went out for a quick couple of hours this morning on the georges with the jackall transams. No jews but flatty and trevally bi catch. Not bad for two hours I guess.

post-10641-0-08361800-1401511403_thumb.jpgpost-10641-0-46707200-1401511419_thumb.jpgpost-10641-0-86441300-1401511440_thumb.jpg

Keep at it mate! I'm in the same situation just puttin in the hours :) nice flatty there too! What line rating are you using?

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Witha - Again using my heavy plastic gear - stella 4000fe, gloomis nrx842smr, 15lb sunline mainline, 14lb flouro leader. This year I have decided to not use bait for the jews as much and want to get more on plastics/lures including hardbodies. Also I have been giving my "go to" spot a bit of a miss wanting to get them elsewhere in the system. Ive got quite a few on plastics before just not this year yet with the soft vibes, got a few on bait but not with the vibes yet, hence concentrating on them. Id say 1 out of 6 or 7 trips is with bait this year where as for the past three years has been vice versa.

thefisherman - the trev was unexpected but not too much hassle for the gear I was using

Nice one mate, yeah plastics only for me too at the moment. I like the challenge! And it means I don't have to try collecting fresh/live bait. Very rewarding just needa maximise my time on the water by finding the buggers. Needa get my sounder fitted on the yak and a drift chute/anchor...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Definitely a challenge for me at the moment trying new spots and all. I have found bait on the sounder where I expect them to be, however I haven't seen any jews on the sounder