members not replying to personal messages

slam354

Hi there raiders.i would like to get this off my chest as it is annoying the hell out of me..My pet hate is when I send someone a personal message in regards to fishing matters then check my personal message next day and find that the message has been read by the recipient have given the person the benefit of the doubt and waited and waited and behold the reply never comes.

I can understand someone not disclosing their info that is their choice but as a common courtesy they could at least reply and indicate this.Unless there is a glitch in the system.I will always reply to members no matter what this really infuriates me to no end.Any opinions out there.Cheers steve

Don't lose sleep over it mate, this World is full of selfish, self centered ungrateful xxxxholes on all forums and in all our daily lives.

Having said that, it, s the majority of people that you help and sincerely appreciate it that makes helping others where you can all worthwhile.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

I think it depends on the context. If someone has posted in public on the forum asking for advice or help and you take the time to reply to them through a PM, then yes, I agree it's common courtesy to send a short message saying thanks. If you're PMing a member at random who you've never communicated with on the forum before, then I could possibly understand their reticence (not saying I agree with it). I guess there are lots of external factors too that might stop someone from replying (loss of internet connection, change in work shifts, whatever), Maybe you could check to see whether they've been active in the forum's public section and that could help to indicate whether they're not replying through choice. At the end of the day, if it seems evident they've just ignored you, then I wouldn't bother trying to get in contact with them again.

there is no glitch in the system.

Some general tips for members - interact with people and make plenty of posts about your fishing trips. This will help members to get to know you.

Members will always help those that give some and not just take.

We do have a lot of people that join fr and never give anything but ask for information in posts and personal messages. I know the secret society of blackfishermen get very cranky when people pester them for weed locations!!

Share share share is the motto :)

I think it depends on the context. If someone has posted in public on the forum asking for advice or help and you take the time to reply to them through a PM, then yes, I agree it's common courtesy to send a short message saying thanks. If you're PMing a member at random who you've never communicated with on the forum before, then I could possibly understand their reticence (not saying I agree with it). I guess there are lots of external factors too that might stop someone from replying (loss of internet connection, change in work shifts, whatever), Maybe you could check to see whether they've been active in the forum's public section and that could help to indicate whether they're not replying through choice. At the end of the day, if it seems evident they've just ignored you, then I wouldn't bother trying to get in contact with them again.

Well said +1

Slam354, Steve , I agree with your comments along with those from Fab 1 .

I've been thinking of posting something similar but relating to posts , normally put up by new or infrequent users requesting assistance or advice.

Members respond but frequently you do not see a response or even a brief thanks even though by clicking on the members name you can see they have been on the site recently & have most likely read the responses.

From this experience I have progressively become reluctant to respond to posts from members who are infrequent visitors with only a few posts.

Having said that , I appreciate new members have to start at post No. 1 but need to be conscious of the the common courtesy of replying.

Geoff

Hi there raiders.i would like to get this off my chest as it is annoying the hell out of me..My pet hate is when I send someone a personal message in regards to fishing matters then check my personal message next day and find that the message has been read by the recipient have given the person the benefit of the doubt and waited and waited and behold the reply never comes.

I can understand someone not disclosing their info that is their choice but as a common courtesy they could at least reply and indicate this.Unless there is a glitch in the system.I will always reply to members no matter what this really infuriates me to no end.Any opinions out there.Cheers steve

Hi Steve,

Wow, I just saw this post and sincerely hope it wasn't aimed at me!

Regards

This forum is head and shoulders above some others I am on.

On other forums I am a member their is a group of "old timers" that publicly put crap on people and then they sling it in PMs. Or they plain block and ignore certain ppls posts.

I think this forum is pretty damn good as are the members.

I agree with the above give and take. I have no trouble telling ppl where I get my weed for blackies but thats because I never freakin catch any anyways!

I share my spots and experience because others have either taken me out and shown me (yep forum members) or they have pointed stuff out.

I wouldnt take it personal.