Australia Post

Fab1

Yes, it is sad, but mail is dying and it was inevitable, the government isn't doing enough to prepare Australia for the future, most jobs in the future will be technology-related, to be honest I think if the government doesn't make the right decisions right now, Australia will be really behind in the future, alot of the jobs can be replaced by computer, that's why the workforce needs to adapt to those changes and fast or else there will be alot of unemployed people left behind. IT is the future...

I'm surprised Aussie Post isn't booming along with online retail...

Yeah actually...I get a heap of stuff online and mostly aussie post delivered. They should have gotten on top of that market better

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

as I understand it, mail is losing money

but parcel deliveries are making a killing

I believe that is the case. The cutting of jobs is in their unprofitable market sectors.

They are increasing the number of days parcels are delivered to cope with the volume.

They are increasing the number of days parcels are delivered to cope with the volume.

Suits me, who posts letters these days? I probably buy fishing gear online at least once every 2 months if not more.

Also why would a company spend 10s of thousands of dollars sending letters when they can simply email their customers which cost almost nothing. I know this cause I've written heaps of custom emailing systems.

As Nas mentions, IT is the future and its a huge advantage to be in the industry.

Edited by The Incredible Hull

Also why would a company spend 10s of thousands of dollars sending letters when they can simply email their customers which cost almost nothing. I know this cause I've written heaps of custom emailing systems.

As Nas mentions, IT is the future and its a huge advantage to be in the industry.

I'd say because they don't have everyone's email address and not everyone has one

Harry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say because they don't have everyone's email address and not everyone has one

Harry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I mentioned I've written a few email systems for a number of corporate companies and out of their customer base, which can be anything from 1,000 to 100,000 customers, believe it or not 95-99% have email addresses.

In this day and age, you can create an App at home and sell it to FB for 19 billion... if you don't have an email address yet that's a tad concerning.

Suits me if I don't get too many letters, most are bills, or charities wanting money/buy some raffle tickets/make a donation.

At least parcels will still keep going to deliver wine and other goodies.

Few days ago I received a mail from Au Post advertising for a new kind of electronic mail system where you choose which company is allowed to contact you. They say less spam more secure. Looks like they want to re-invent email

Huy

Australia Post is still making money and parcel deliveries is a large part of that profit. The problem is they are actually losing money on mail deliveries. For the 900 that will lose their jobs more jobs have been created in parcel deliveries previously. It's a changing market and Australia Post is moving with the times otherwise they run the risk of going broke costing more jobs.

Australia Post is still making money and parcel deliveries is a large part of that profit. The problem is they are actually losing money on mail deliveries. For the 900 that will lose their jobs more jobs have been created in parcel deliveries previously. It's a changing market and Australia Post is moving with the times otherwise they run the risk of going broke costing more jobs.

Well Said boattart. i work for a company that unfortunately had to close down local manufacturing a few years ago in order to keep afloat, many people decided to boycott the brand which actually only put the remaining 1500 or so of us that still work for the company in Aus at risk... then go and buy from another company that already imported all of their products... senseless!