How to landbase to catch crab?.

Howe

Not such an easy task...

A fish bait inside an old stocking cast over the sand flats and checked periodically will often work.

If you find a log wharf extending over the sand flats with areas of weed that can be good.

If you find a fairly dead weight on a retrieve bring it in slowly and have a net ready.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim is there a video or picture of that old stocking trick works? i dont know how it work and how a crab gets trapped

Thanks.

Not such an easy task...

A fish bait inside an old stocking cast over the sand flats and checked periodically will often work.

If you find a log wharf extending over the sand flats with areas of weed that can be good.

If you find a fairly dead weight on a retrieve bring it in slowly and have a net ready.

Cheers

Jim

Try lavender bay with unweighted baits let them sink have a long net come behind the crab and scoop it up I've caught plenty there but landing them can be very difficult

Don't strike if you feel weight just wind straight in no pumping and winding slowly and don't let the line go slack they will just let go

Is it even clean or okay to eat the crabs caught from there?. also unweighted baits so i do use the normal method with hook and chicken bait?.

Thanks.

Try lavender bay with unweighted baits let them sink have a long net come behind the crab and scoop it up I've caught plenty there but landing them can be very difficult

Don't strike if you feel weight just wind straight in no pumping and winding slowly and don't let the line go slack they will just let go

Hey mate

On my birthday last year which is march me and my dad went to lavender bay and caught 4 crabs

I used a 4-8kg rod (doesn't really matter, it's just in case I hooked a decent fish or a autumn kingy) and whacked out an unweighted yakka head on a 2/0 suicide just pinned in the nose

The crab will either just pulse like a squid and you'll see the line tight and tip of the rod pulsing or they'll just sit on it

No pumping and winding just a strait slow wind and no slack line

Best time is around late January to April

That was a great morning session for my birthday and they tasted great that afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understand the stocking with bait inside is just instead of the traditional hook with bait. I've been wanting to do this bit fairly sure I have to wait till summer to give it a go.

I have seen people on the rocks catching decent crabs by drawing them out of their holes using the stocking and bait trick

they then use the end of a spear (the ones with three prongs) and spear them

dont know if this is popular but it does work

cheers

From what I understand the stocking with bait inside is just instead of the traditional hook with bait. I've been wanting to do this bit fairly sure I have to wait till summer to give it a go.

That'll work.

Basically the crab gets its claws caught in the stocking.

I have caught plenty of crabs on whole fish...the buggers are stubborn and won't let go. Just reel them in slowly and slip a net under them.

Cheers

Jim

What about the cone traps? A mate of mine catches 20 to 30 blue swimmers in a two hour session around port kembla

Can you use that lanbase like on the shore or on boats?