MORE SBT COMING TO SYDNEY.

Raysway

Hi guys, I thought I missed out a again on catching a BIG SBT, I was out on Tuesday with zeros, after speaking with a friend from a long liner, he's put me at ease.

The insane patch that Sydney saw on Monday was only the start of what's expected over the next 3-4 weeks at least. There are scatterd school patches traveling from bermi through JB to Sydney in a massive current. So over the weeks we will still see some insane days hit Sydney , it's just a matter of been out there when they are.

Communication is the key, reports over the 2 way from other fishos out there , and reports on this site are extremely important to each of us to know when and where the fish are. I've read many reports that's given indications on how when and where to catch these torpedoes, I find reports like damo from reef majic charters very informative. Good luck to all. I hope we all get a good crack at these epic fish.

Cheers Ray (BLACK MARLIN).

After last Tuesday don't think many boats will give numbers .Not until their bagged out or broken .A lot Crazy stupid people out

running over lines cutting each other off.

It was a little like that Monday too. My lines in another's prop whilst cubing.

Let's hope your wrong and it doesn't stop people from communicating. Numbers will hold some action. Proof was Monday. Boats held the fish virtually all day. Unheard of.

went out yesterday to browns and beyond. only caught 1 stripey. left the marina at 6am. came back around 5pm. we cube at browns around 2pm. got hit 3x. got bitten off the 1st time...then the mainline snapped 2nd time...the hooke came off the 3rd time...going back next sat for the mako comp...saw some dolphins and whales around 12mile on the way to browns and i think fishraider scrathie at 12mile...

Don't know if anyone else like yourself fisholb have noticed a massive amount fishos dropping fish like myself. Never have had this happen. The only thing that has changed in my fishing style is that I've gained a lot more confidence in fishing lite tackle with heavy braid line and 50 to 80lbs trace. So I've upped the drag a fair bit. Didn't think sbt had semi soft mouths but maybe not tuff enough to hold a hook under heavy drag. One of the SBTs on Monday that we caught had the hook just fall out as we sat her in the boat.

Would love to hear what people's thoughts are on that.

Sorry if it's hijacking the thread but thought it all fits into the prepping for the next run of fish.

went out yesterday to browns and beyond. only caught 1 stripey. left the marina at 6am. came back around 5pm. we cube at browns around 2pm. got hit 3x. got bitten off the 1st time...then the mainline snapped 2nd time...the hooke came off the 3rd time...going back next sat for the mako comp...saw some dolphins and whales around 12mile on the way to browns and i think fishraider scrathie at 12mile...

Hey mate, wasn't me at 12mile. I was onboard "anyfin". We headed for home about 3pm