If You Could Only Have One Lure

kevvie

Yeah, I've had some success with the Gulp Minnows (Black Shad) in the fairly limited time I've been using them. I prefer to have a bit of variety though, and seeing that they were the first I started on, I'll have to say #3 Squidgy Fish in the Black Gold colour.

I'm waiting for the water to warm up a bit more before I give Lake Macquarie another crack with the Twitchin Nipper to see how they fare on the Bream and Whiting.

I sincerely hope that I'd never have to pick just one, being a bit of a tackle junky. And the :wife: wouldn't be able to complain as much when I've got it all laid out on the loungeroom floor having a tinker. :biggrin2:

madsmc

:1fishing1:

it's funny that the choices are not that dissimilar to one another. If it's hb's it's the sx-40 and sp's either berkely or squidgy. Luckily i have a good selection with all the above. My :wife: thinks i should have a share in the companies i've spent so much on em. :thumbup::thumbup:

Are we talking one lure, literally, or one style of lure. If one lure only then anyone who picked a softie better hope no tailor about :biggrin2: .

My choice would be a bucktail jig _ 1/8th oz _ with darter shaped head painted in pale green-white lumo with epoxy eyes, red skirt binding and white or chartreuse (probably white) tail of bucktail with a few strands of silver flash with No2 shortish shank hook. Has caught everything from 10cm flounder to 13kg cobia. They last a lot longer than a plastic, have as much if not more movement and like any good jig NO lure is as versatile, from top water to dredging depths. cheers Bombie

Guest hottuna

If i was stuck on a deserted Island and had to choose just one lure. Theres NO doubt about it.

A WHITE BUCKTAIL JIG. So very versatile

Dan

Guest hottuna
Are we talking one lure, literally, or one style of lure. If one lure only then anyone who picked a softie better hope no tailor about :biggrin2: .

My choice would be a bucktail jig _ 1/8th oz _ with darter shaped head painted in pale green-white lumo with epoxy eyes, red skirt binding and white or chartreuse (probably white) tail of bucktail with a few strands of silver flash with No2 shortish shank hook. Has caught everything from 10cm flounder to 13kg cobia. They last a lot longer than a plastic, have as much if not more movement and like any good jig NO lure is as versatile, from top water to dredging depths. cheers Bombie

65951[/snapback]

Agree 100%

Dan!

I still haven't had much luck from SP's , but I think the first time I ever used a Rapala CD I got a fish, and they continually produce and they last forever - (until you get cut off by some knob jockey flying past your stern)

Therefore RAPALA CD's

Note: I would probably get sued by Rapala for endorsing their product if they saw me fish - therefore safe to assume I am not sponsored

Any dummy can use em!