Tuggerah Lake Luderick

qnut

Hey there Raiders,

Thought I'd share my personal best Blackie caught at The Entrance last weekend in the horrible weather. The blackfish have mostly dissappeared from their usual haunts even before the deluge of rain which has left the lake water pretty much fresh & milky with silt. The extra runoff really hasn't helped. Threw the SP rod into storage and looking to scratch an itch went out with raider 'Stapo' to have a blind crack at the blackfish. Getting down to the spot nice & early the word on the wall wasn't promising "very few and far between" and the clouds signaling and impending downpour.

But that didn't stop this thumper comming to the party:

5Yt6bjr.jpg

Going 43cm to the tip
X6w0WqF.jpg?1

Just thought i'd share my PB Luderick :)

Tight Lines

@bazagorokan Always on lake weed, Ive tried cabbage & stringweed from the headlands - they dont seem interested in it. Wireweed is best if not there is plenty of soft weed around the lake during winter.

@Golf_fish They are plentiful in the lake, try the foreshore areas around the entrance bridge ;) last year before some cleatus deployed an illegal net in the channel at night we were bagging out in 2-3 hours consistantly - This year they are definately lacking size but good fun all the same.

Dad and I caught 5 in rapid fire out in the middle channel. I always thought they hung around edges but most of the takes were out in the middle of the channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends they do mill around the edges alot schooling, but the main channel (boat only) usually produces around the markers, Also the channel out to sea (the run).