Morning Rock session

REELCRAZY

hi raiders,

hit the stones just before 6 this morning for my mid week pre work session. swell was low and wind less than forecast. after a burley up and a few pickers, we got some good hits and the first sambo came in. i landed an average size fish that did not fight much until he saw the rocks . 15 min later my mate is on and lands a slightly bigger model. in the next 30 mins we lost a fish each to the rocks at our feet then it goes quiet. a quick move round the corner and a lower ledge produces a good sambo for my mate. another one lost to the rocks for me and then pull the hooks on solid takes of my last 2 baits( pillies).

turned out good for a 2 hour session, good to see tge weather warming up!!

post-34513-0-48473100-1410253598_thumb.jpg

burley was pureed blue fin tuna, ocean trout, snapper, bass grouper, cuttlefish, rye bread and water!!! I am a chef at a fancy seafood restaurant so i have endless supply of fresh fish scrap for burley. and by the way buddy fresh fish does not smell, a burley scoop keeps it off ya and a cold shower at the beach afterwards is so invigorating!!!!

burley was pureed blue fin tuna, ocean trout, snapper, bass grouper, cuttlefish, rye bread and water!!! I am a chef at a fancy seafood restaurant so i have endless supply of fresh fish scrap for burley. and by the way buddy fresh fish does not smell, a burley scoop keeps it off ya and a cold shower at the beach afterwards is so invigorating!!!!

Fancy Fish Chef eh!...

You've just been voted as the new Raider's recipe provider! (by me at least)

By the way. Can't help but respect a man who fishes before work and faces the cold beach shower to boot.

Well done.

no worries fragmiester,

heres one u will love...

for best fried fish batter use 200g plain flour 200g self raising, a teaspoon baking powder and1 tsp honey. mix with beer til nearly the right consistency and a good splash cheap vodka. dont mix too perfect as small flour lumps are good. batter should lightly coat finger when dipped. vodka expands rapidly when heated and makes super light crunchy batter!!! enjoy

no worries fragmiester,

heres one u will love...

for best fried fish batter use 200g plain flour 200g self raising, a teaspoon baking powder and1 tsp honey. mix with beer til nearly the right consistency and a good splash cheap vodka. dont mix too perfect as small flour lumps are good. batter should lightly coat finger when dipped. vodka expands rapidly when heated and makes super light crunchy batter!!! enjoy

Yum!!! A good splash to me would be the bottle!

What would be the best fish for that recipe?

Cheers scratchie!!!

no worries fragmiester,

heres one u will love...

Excellent!

I am going fishing tomorrow so I will put that batter straight into practice!

Cheers

Jim

haha im blown away!