short middle harbour session

hellcorner

After a few undersized snapper & bream caught by my son,and not being the most patient at fishing, he had a lesson in angling with a 6' jarvis walker 2-4kg rod.
I coached him through the fight ( to the best of my knowledge ).After a few runs etc, he had beaten a 64cm Trevally!
After a few photos, it was released.

post-25003-0-58767000-1410616306_thumb.jpg post-25003-0-55176500-1410616508_thumb.jpg

post-869-0-64134500-1411762623.jpg

Thanks for the support raiders! I'm glad you all enjoyed the story of the one that didn't get away.

I haven't seen anyone catch one that big, and to be a part of it was incredible. My PB wouldn't be any bigger than 40cm. I reckon both of our heart rates were off the planet. We were high fiving, hugs, pats on the back, certainly on an adrenaline high! He said that it was hard work, and you could see he was struggling.

As for giving lessons, he whipped my butt. In the car on the way home, he said "Dad? You suck at fishing, maybe you should be a fishing coach."

It felt like a longer drive home than usual.

I will put it on cotm, and see how he goes.

Not sure if it is a contender on the records, I'll check the rules, as he isn't a raiders member.

I also left the weighing scales in the boat.

We discussed about eating it, but we got more enjoyment from getting our faces splashed from that big tail kick as it realised it was free.

Thanks for the support raiders! I'm glad you all enjoyed the story of the one that didn't get away.

I haven't seen anyone catch one that big, and to be a part of it was incredible. My PB wouldn't be any bigger than 40cm. I reckon both of our heart rates were off the planet. We were high fiving, hugs, pats on the back, certainly on an adrenaline high! He said that it was hard work, and you could see he was struggling. It was caught on an unweighted salted pilly tail. You can see the terminal tackle I had rigged for him. Just a basic set up.

As for giving lessons, he whipped my butt. In the car on the way home, he said "Dad? You suck at fishing, maybe you should be a fishing coach."

It felt like a longer drive home than usual.

I will put it on cotm, and see how he goes.

Not sure if it is a contender on the records, I'll check the rules, as he isn't a raiders member.

I also left the weighing scales in the boat.

We discussed about eating it, but we got more enjoyment from getting our faces splashed from that big tail kick as it realised it was free.