Sydney Harbour - Tailor, Snapper, Bream and Flathead

Sydneyfisher12

g'day raiders

today i had my usual fish on sydney harbour with my dad

we arrived at drummoyne at 9:00am and headed for the harbour

we tried the sticks maker and he yellow can marker with micro jigs but got nothing.

we then headed to sow and pigs but it was way to rough. 20kn wind and a 1.5m swell so we decided to fish watsons bay

we anchored up and started to catch some yakkas i was bringing one up and its tail got bitten off by a tailor we caught a few legal tailor and then my dad got a legal snapper at 31cm (at last) and i pulled two bream 26cm and 28cm.

we got a few more 35cm tailor and kept a few for a feed we were getting alot of bite offs and pulled hooks. the bite went off and then i got a nice 45cm tailor and another 25cm bream.

we then went to lavender bay to get out of the wind. the fishing was abit slow and we only got one more 35cm tailor and a few good takes. but we did have time to clean the catch.

on the way home we spotted a bust up on the west side of goat island i was using a 3inch powerbait minnow in casper clear but they weren't staying up long enough to get a good cast in i changed to a small 15g micro jig in pink because i was seeing alot of good marks on the sounder. the whole school of salmon where following my jig but spooked when they saw the boat.

the bust up died down and we headed for home.

once i had cleaned the boat i decided to go for a quick fish. i took my brand new daiwa gen black trauma centre and was using a powerbait 3 inch paddle tail that i won at the hairtail social. i quickly landed a 40cm flathead and then 15 minutes pulled a 28cm one. this was the same spot i fished the other day. i love the new rod it works great :D .

cheers sydneyfisher12 :fishing1:

post-33466-0-98139700-1411205211_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-38407000-1411205453_thumb.jpg

Looks like a fun and eventful day mate, well done on all those fish! Just out of curio, have you ever tried any of the other light gen black rods? I was thinking of getting something like a pinster or itchy twitchy as an early Christmas present sometime soon.

Looks like a fun and eventful day mate, well done on all those fish! Just out of curio, have you ever tried any of the other light gen black rods? I was thinking of getting something like a pinster or itchy twitchy as an early Christmas present sometime soon.

i think all the gen blacks are great. ive had a look at all of them in the tackle shop greatly priced and i think it will suite what you do perfectly

cheers sydneyfisher12