Tuross New PB Luderick

Luderick Hunter

Hey guys fished my usual spot at Tuross today, Arrived 11am and fished the last few hours of the falling tide (its 3-4 hours late there) I only got 3 small fish on the run out, once the tide turned the fish started getting bigger and more frequent. Ended up with 17 fish including a 44cm, a 45cm and new PB of 48cm. released the big ones and small ones and kept a few in the middle for a feed.

Where do you submit pics for the records section?

John.post-21751-0-11640800-1414930282_thumb.jpg size 13 shoe

post-21751-0-88550800-1414930179_thumb.jpg

post-21751-0-72808500-1414930337_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, It put up a great fight, was like hitting a brick wall when setting the hook then constant weight and thumps. The following drift I got the 44cm it went totally berserk on big runs. I really thought I had cracked the magical 50cm the way it fought.
John

Edited by Luderick Hunter

Wow well done mate

That would of put up a hell of fight

Sounds like tuross has been producing some great fish for you lately

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its another great Luderick. While it must be disappointing if you lose your newly gained record, well done to you for breaking the record in the first place and showing such good sportsmanship in this post.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

Its another great Luderick. While it must be disappointing if you lose your newly gained record, well done to you for breaking the record in the first place and showing such good sportsmanship in this post.

Cheers

Jim

I don't really mind

Sure it was nice to have a record but I'm still so privileged to catch such a great fish

Well done mate

Well deserved record

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work that's a monster fish I hope one day I can get one that size. You have a great spot there would be great fun fishing that spot

Keep on catching them

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Thanks Sydneyfisher, Yeah its a top spot for big luddies, just read a research article the other day where they monitored Tuross Luddies and my other favorite spot the Clarence river and the Tuross fish grow at a faster rate. Bit of a surprise i thought.

John.

Thanks Sydneyfisher, Yeah its a top spot for big luddies, just read a research article the other day where they monitored Tuross Luddies and my other favorite spot the Clarence river and the Tuross fish grow at a faster rate. Bit of a surprise i thought.

John.

John,

I am jealous.

I will contact you when I can be down.

Keep them coming.

This info is interesting

Well done,

Geoff

Thanks everyone for the congratulations.

As I side note we used to fish Tuross many years ago and have always got good catches of Luddies there, but they were just normal estuary size fish between 30 35cm, I dont know if these bigger fish are a by product of the lake being declared a recreational only fishery about 12 years ago or if its just a coincidence but we seem to be getting several fish in the mid 40's each session now.

John.

Edited by Luderick Hunter

Mate I think the commercial license buy back has improved rec fishing everywhere.

I don't mind paying for it, we are definitely seeing the benefits.

I do know one young fellow who is asking me 'where is Tuross?'

Bring on the 50.

Mate I think the commercial license buy back has improved rec fishing everywhere.

I don't mind paying for it, we are definitely seeing the benefits.

I do know one young fellow who is asking me 'where is Tuross?'

Bring on the 50.

Haha Yeah I am waiting for Gianni to be anchored up there in his hobie when I arrive next weekend.