unplanned session + new spot = kingfish

Krispy !

I headed out with a couple mates to try and target some flatties in the bay but as that plan failed due to alot of water activity from jet ski's etc we decided to fish somewhere abit quieter. Plenty of surface action so we got out some metals. Got a legal tailor at 39 cm in the first few casts but it went quiet. So we changed tactics and let the lure hit the bottom before the retrieve and thats when we got stuck into the kings. All up we got 7, majority of them rats but 2 legals measuring 67 and 65. Also got a massive red rock cod on one of the metals which was interesting bycatch.

post-11865-0-46824800-1419839295_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Krispy !

Nice work Krispy the "flickinlures" boat is hooked up as we speak and will be heading out in the morning we will definately try the "sink to the bottom" method with the metals , thanks for the report , hopefully a little video with some action tmoro night cheers , Mark

If you dont mind me asking How big were the lures and what pound braid where ya using?

The metal is a 50g spoon, 20lb braid

Nice work Krispy the "flickinlures" boat is hooked up as we speak and will be heading out in the morning we will definately try the "sink to the bottom" method with the metals , thanks for the report , hopefully a little video with some action tmoro night cheers , Mark

Goodluck let us know how you go :)

You've done it again Krispy

Another successful session well done

I'm sure they'll taste great

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks champ

Hi Krispy did you hook up the kings inside the or out side kean to know as my son is itching to get his first kingy .

Inside mate

Well done Krispy.. would have been a blast.

Thanks mate sure was

unplanned sessions that deliver are the best. well done!!!

Thanks mate

how far off lapa where you mate? i been to lapa, around the rocks. but dont get no king fish there also hang around the boat ramp before. but not much luck.

Depends on the techniques youre using mate, we might have been lucky and hit a passing school as well but its the first time id fished there. When we got there we saw the birds straight away so headed to them.