First marlin for my boat

stickybeak

Fishing Port Stephens today

Went solo no crew and Scratchie says he has a job now ? Weather was too good to pass up.

Went to the carpark no swell 5-10 knots all day

Only 3 other boats fishing there a little wider than me . Good current line running South through the carpark and a good temp break 21. 4 - 23. 2

No bait was found so pulled lures had 6 strikes on marlin black and stripes between 10 -12.30

All in the same area the last one stuck and 60 min later 100kg black marlin tagged on 24kg

Very stubborn fish he was. , packed up at 1-30 left them biting headed for home at 24 knots

Top day for fishing

Good luck

Stickybeak https://vimeo.com/11605172929149ae5349e9de3ed7685ada3c1fc05.jpg89415e31ade6d98f3d5935156577d103.jpg6f9fc07b47ec54a0304b57a548e6d799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well mate, we ain't all millionaires like your self. Lol.

Top fish champion, very jealous. To land that solo is an effort itself. It's not something that everyone can do but I know you have the experience. Let's hope the weathers good for Friday, I may just have a day off!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks guys

The lure is my favourite- top gun - Apollo in pink and blue

Had the fish at the boat and tagged in 20 min but was way too green to hold and took off again and went deep another 40 min later had him at the boat again. This is where you have everything ready next to you gloves I put one on for tracing and holding the fishes bill , pliers to get the hooks out , a knife ready just incase you have to cut the line , phone for photos and your go pro

Have footage of the marlin and Mahi Mahi the other day on go pro

But have to wait till iam back home for the footage upload didn't bring my computer away

Good luck if you get out

A little video from phone

Stickybeak

https://vimeo.com/116107014

Well done mate,

I caught my first also yesterday (post below yours) and like yourself solo so I know exactly what your feeling,unreal.

I was not as organised as you though leaving my go pro at home- doh!.

I got photos and video on my phone but only one photo was clear and the video was of water lol.

Do you mount your go pro on the boat dash or on your head?.

Once again well done mate and tight lines.

Paddy,

Paddy

I mostly mount the go pro on the dash but I found it only gets the back of the boat.

Lately I have had it mounted on a pole for side shots and mainly underwater shots

I use a timber broom stick pole

I found this works better a lot of water pressures against the pole even when boat is just in gear

Hope this helps

Stickybeak

Thanks for the info Stickbeak,I will give it a try or at least have it onboard lol.

I was thinking the go pro might go ok mounted on the Bimini frame/rod holders looking down towards the transom.

Tight lines mate

Edited by Paddy454

• 4 weeks later...