Windang whiting and swim

Fab1

Hit the lake very early this morning with the mrs in tow for a fish and swim before going to work this evening.

Drifted/Anchored the usual main channel and various spots throughout the main lake for these beauty's using my trusty 4kg mono fished on a lightly weighted running rig with a 2 Meter trace down to a #4 LSH.

Once again beach worms came up trumps.

Got the mrs to hand over a few fish to a young boy fishing with his mum and she received the biggest hug you've ever seen in return.

Cheers.

post-20199-0-15017300-1421194936_thumb.jpg

post-20199-0-56870900-1421194946_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fab1

Great bag mate, do you find the lake fishes better thsn the beach?

Hi mate,I haven't fished the beach for many years.

But when I did I found it quite good as long as you didn't cast a country mile over the tops of the whitings heads and anchor your baits to the seabed.

From my observations whiting don't like their gills full of sand and gettng tumbled around from the turbulent water from waves crashing down on top of them.

My best whiting from the beach come from overcast conditions in very shallow water sometimes literally at your feet and by using very lightly weighted running rigs with a 2-2.5meter trace with fresh beachworms or pippies if you can get hold of them legally.

I use the KISS principle for all my fishing with good knots and usually do well if I find the fish.

Cheers.

Edited by Fab1

Nice... Did you bag out on the 20 or did you release more? I'd be happy with a session like that!

I caught more whiting and some flattys,I kept these whiting to put a spread on for my brother-inlaws 50th tomorrow for lunch with the family.

Usually I realease more than I catch if I've had a good outing and always keep one or two for the little tackers fishing from the jetties/ramps.