Port Stephens

tony_v

Heading to port stephens next weekend with me new boat and just wondering if any of u guys have fished inside and could give up any secret spots and whats u would consider the best baits to use , will be launching at soldiers point (probably) as we're staying at anna bay

Tony There is a tacle store next to the Mobil servo at Salamanda Shopping center , think it is actually called Salamanda Bait & Tackle.

Call in , they normally have the latest fishing information along with maps

Hope to be getting up that way myself prior to Xmas :1fishing1::1fishing1:

Geoff

Mate - if you are launching the boat at Soldiers Point you might as well throw a line there! Some good lizard fishing between the ramp and Dowadee Island. If you can catch the rising or high tide drift the shallow water around Shag Island, Bushy Island and One Tree Island - good area for lizards. If you want deeper water try around Middle Island. Flathead are on the bite but bream are still a bit shy. The clear water is not helping. There are heaps of good areas to try if you want to travel further in your boat - the Karuah River for example. Sorry I can't help with bait as I use sps. Good fishing!

Mate - if you are launching the boat at Soldiers Point you might as well throw a line there!  Some good lizard fishing between the ramp and Dowadee Island. If you can catch the rising or high tide drift the shallow water around Shag Island,  Bushy Island and One Tree Island - good area for lizards. If you want deeper water try around Middle Island. Flathead are on the bite but bream are still a bit shy. The clear water is not helping. There are heaps of good areas to try if you want to travel further in your boat - the Karuah River for example. Sorry I can't help with bait as I use sps. Good fishing!

68015[/snapback]

thanks thinking of sp's too

If your boat is big enough head out to Tomaree head. Alot of guys are getting wasted and spooled around there on some big fish. A mate of mine lives there and they have not caught them yet. Possibly big tunas as they head straight out to sea with a massive first run.

Allot of the islands offshore produce good fish, you just have to find them. The Boulders also produces some good fish. heaps of live bait up there to catch.

Cheers

Lee