botany bay wide fad

brickman

hey fellow raiders with all our bad luck in the last few trips chasing marlin we set a new plan it was to have some fun

the plan;;;pick up 15 yakkas ,head straight to botany bay wide fad for a feed off dolly's troll the shelf to monavale head to the long reef fad and drift back the Sydney heads for sharks

we left my house at 3.30am got fuel and were in the water at trunks by 4.00am picked up our yakkas and had a Coffey then started the run to the fad came across so great looking water in 70 fathoms with currant lines everywhere it was really had for me to not set the spread. kept motoring out to the fad but we had a plan and i stuck to it

we were first to the fad almost with only one other boat there we motored up to the fad and cleared the chartpotter tracks and drifted away 50 meters to mark the best drift run,set the courser on the plotter 50 meters on the up side of the fad and set-up for our first drift,two lives out one in close and one long

well over the next few hours we had a ball with a dolly a drift all around 600 to 750 we were fishing light and having a great time with high tide coming and only 3 yakkas left we started to burly big-time for the last few drifts

i will mention lots off boats had come and gone and we now had two big game boats sitting on the fad witch made it harder to do our drift but to there credit they did move sideways as we drifted past the fad

our next drift was a double hook up with one dolly jumping and the other rod just started to scream we looked at each other o crap were in trouble big time through back the small dolly and started the chase well 15 minutes later we had a big cow on the jump and most off the line back a great gaff shot and i had my biggest dolly to date on the deck o and i didn't mention it was poring with rain the whole fight and we were both looking like drowned rats with big cheesy grins

we did a few more drifts for more dolly's and gave the trolling and shark fishing a miss and headed home had a great day with a good mate with a tone off fun we kept 4 dolly's at 75cm and the big girl cheers Gary

post-6655-0-74914600-1424637807_thumb.jpg