Arvo with the boys!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Had the chance to get out this arvo with my two eldest boys and a few of their mates and took them down to stones to catch a few squid.

So we all cast out and on first to a small squid that I thought would make for a great live bait around the corner. So as timing has it, my eldest is snagged and loses his jig (which between him and his mates they owe me a new set) So, I help him set up my 20lb rod with a float and chucked the squid out live.

Within a few minutes the lines screaming and he lands a nice sambo and returned to the drink. We managed to keep the squid for a second go but not alive and a few minutes more he's on again with a better fight and a few aerials, and we land this nice big fat salmon.

post-24974-0-97069100-1425979831_thumb.jpg

Between us we managed a few nice fat healthy squid that one of the boys took home and we used some for bait.

post-24974-0-32333800-1425980123_thumb.jpg

It was a nice way to spend the arvo with my two eldest boys and a few of their mates. They were all well behaved and really enjoy their fishing!

Tight lines all,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice one mate, you've got a clan of apprentice scratchies up there! Beast Sambo for the young fella and some tasty lookin squid!

You and your walking distance rock ledge keep making me jealous!

Thanks guys, it was a fun afternoon.

Ed, always enjoy taking the boys.

Ben, love my little platform. The hard bit is making home in time for dinner. Lol

And yes the boys are growing and learning fast. The eldest with his first marlin the other week! Wow.

Dave, they've all hand a rod in their hand since they were born. As for the gear, well you get that when learning but most were my old el cheapo jigs!

Tremendous stuff Scratchie and very nice catch.

Fishing is a great way to spend quality time with the kids isn't it.

Good to hear all the boys were well behaved too.... I suppose they will miss out on the next trip if they weren't.

Thanks for sharing.

All the best

Ian

Thanks guys! Yes, an awesome pastime to share with your children. I focus a lot with them about catch and release. Most of the fish we catch are released but then there are the times where keeping a few for dinner, is a rewarding experience too.

• 2 months later...