New Member Campbelltown nsw area

Geordie1002

Hi all

I am looking forward to your responses to my ambitious request.

Married guy here 2 kids, work hard, yadda yadda,,,I have a 3.7M tinny new Yamaha 15hp on the back and a Holden Captiva, I used to fish a fair bit in Botany Bay, Georges River, harbour occasionally, very keen and proficient I would describe myself, although only available spasmodically due to kids, wife, dog, mortgage again yadda yadda,,,I am happy to use my boat to have the occasional fish it would be great to meet like minded people in the Campbelltown area, as I just moved to this area, we be great to share costs of petrol etc and meet people who are keen proficient fisherman, with there own gear of course,lol :fishing1: I get sick of dragging mates out who don't appreciate the art or the thrill and it ends up costing me dosh, countless hours rigging up rods and nothing in return usually.

I am sure this all sound familiar ????? also would not mind the odd bit of fresh water fishing for carp etc in the area, just dont know where to go? okidokes peeps, looking forward to any responses, I will be gentle on all interviewees I promise, lol.

Geordie

Hi Geordie,Welcome to the site.

There's some very knowledgable people on here and great admin.

I myself am from C/town also but don't get out as much as I would like due to the reasons you describe plus others.

I fish out of a 4.2 tinny with a 30 on the back for the usual estuary species.

I describe myself average in the fishing department with lots left to learn(as we all do I guess).

Once again welcome.

Cheers.

Guest no one

Welcome brah,

Hope you get everything you need from Fishraider, there's certainly some really knowledgable and helpful people here to assist you with any questions you might have!

I know there's a few people in the Campbell town area who fish out in the bay, pretty sure a few of them have been after a fishing buddy too!

Looking forward to hearing about your trips and ventures with fellow raiders!

Ed

Hey there Geordie, Welcome to Fishraider,

About time you joined, we have all been waiting for you to find us here hahaha. seriously though,

there is a lot of great info and people with experience and wisdom. I am in Minto Heights so not far

from you champ if you want to throw a line in sometime.

Absolutely Brilliant, Thanks for the encouragement AND ALL OFFERS accepted gracefully of course, not sure on the protocol of converting fishing offers to reality, also not sure how we contact each other through here either, hopefully someone will push me in the right direction, I do have an honorable fisho story to share from 4 Sundays ago to anyone who fishes the Georges river.

Short story,After a few hours fishing in the river, I put my boat in along Moorebank Road behind flower power, first time I ever used it and last, a bull shark give my left leg a good bump as it ran along it whilst standing at the back of the boat, anyone who says are you sure it was a shark,I can only say, if it happened to you, trust me you would know it was a shark!!!!!! Is this common knowledge in this area?? Geordie, PS never said it was a big shark !!! about a meter I guess.

Definitly sharks in there.

I do alot of outside fishing and sometimes looking for crew if your interested. Anything from flatties, Snapper, kingies through to the gamefishing scene. Im not too far from you. If you want to organise a trip with someone you can personal message them. look up in the top right of the page and you will find your mailbox. exchange details through that i would say.

Dave

Wow, I was down at flower power last weekend having a look (I live at holsworthy just around the corner).

I've heard loads of stories about bull sharks in there, Kelso reserve a bit further down used to have shark caution signs. Thought it was just an old wives tale though!

Is the shark bump the reason you're not wanting to use flower power again?

You can PM members by clicking on there names and sending them messages that way - otherwise just ask for their phone numbers or email addresses.

G'day mate, I'm in Liverpool, likewise, not too many mates of mine like to fish, so I understand your desire to meet like minded people!

Campbelltown and Western Sydney in general is a great place, enjoy the space out here!

Might be time to organise a Campbelltown fr meet!

Swordie and I have been thinking about a casting session and knot tying in a local park.

Might have it in the area ;)

mrsswordfisherman

Koshihaya Pk or Mount Annan botanic gardens might be a good venue.

But then again there's plenty of parks in the area to pick from.

How come it took me so long to find normal people,,lol, I have had some absolutely great responses on here, definitely gonna take them up

Thanks to everyone and there encouragement, looks like I am gonna get to stare at the blue stuff a lot more in the future.

Thanks Campbelltownians

How come it took me so long to find normal people,,lol, I have had some absolutely great responses on here, definitely gonna take them up

Thanks to everyone and there encouragement, looks like I am gonna get to stare at the blue stuff a lot more in the future.

Thanks Campbelltownians

years ago we were all westies and hardly anyone wanted a bar of us.

In recent times we've become Campbelltonians and moved up in the world,how things change.

Like everywhere there's some real good people out this way with a few rotten apples that spoil it for the majority.

Cheers.

How good is Fishraider............ lol I had no idea there were so many fisho's out our way, The casting and knot tying is a great idea, i agree Victoria park is perfect Donna.

Anytime someone wants to throw a line in, let me know, i'm an old bugger (50) years old, i think it is so good that there are normal people like us that love to fish and socialize.

Tight lines and keep smiling :) Regards Dan

Davonyx where abouts do you fish? IM in holsworthy so under the liverpool branch

Hey mate, I'm from Prestons, funnily enough I get almost zero fishing done in Sydney, I've been going to Jervis Bay most of my life for the blue water fix.

Not much Sydney fishing, but I do like the salmon and whiting off Wanda beach in Kurnell / Cronulla when I can, and generally anywhere on isolated rocks.

Something about being perched on a ledge with just miles of blue in front of you, and jagged, unforgiving rock underneath and behind you, usually gets the philosophical part of me revving haha. Hence why isolated national park rocks in JB appeal to me so much!

Might be time to organise a Campbelltown fr meet!

Swordie and I have been thinking about a casting session and knot tying in a local park.

Might have it in the area ;)

mrsswordfisherman

I'd be up for that. My new Century 13' Kompressor and Penn 535 Mag II should be here shortly.