Black and blue!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Just a quick report from yesterday. Managed to get out with fellow raider stickybeak and his mate Glen. The mission of the day was to get his mate a marlin. Well, we succeeded after much effort trolling, live baiting but we managed to get a nice blue on a skip bait.

post-24974-0-02767700-1428368664_thumb.jpg

A 120kg blue tagged and released just in time for us to head back home with a big, dark, black angry sky heading our way!

post-24974-0-41359700-1428368844_thumb.jpg

It wasn't a comfortable feeling being in a trailerboat knowing a big storm was on its way. But we managed to get the boat on the trailer just as it hit and boy did it bucket down with temperature dropping rapidly.

All in all a great day out.

Water: 21.8deg

Method: skip bait

Thanks stickybeak and Glen!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Well done Jeff

Good to see there still up there and that your sharing your knowledge around.

I'll be trying out at Norah canyons this weekend when this weather drops off.

What did you use for bait slimy or bonito

Well done. No one interferring with your drift makes all the difference! Lol

Lol. :) agh there were a few game boats that wanted the same lines as us. And when we hooked up, they wouldnt move either. Will put that one in the memory bank. :)

Well done Jeff

Good to see there still up there and that your sharing your knowledge around.

I'll be trying out at Norah canyons this weekend when this weather drops off.

What did you use for bait slimy or bonito

Hey Gerry,

There was some good talk from the canyons as well as the shelf. Mate, we didn't try catch any bonito because the heads were full of slimies, football fields long busting the surface.

We also marked and picked up some good slimies out there.

A lot of coral spawn about and water was cold.

Good luck champ, hope you get that big blue!

Cheers scratchie!!!

The only day worth going marlin fishing over the Easter weekend weather wise was Monday and it payed off conditions were perfect

Glen's first time chasing marlin ever his biggest fish a 5kg mackerel time to change that !![

We worked hard all day and skip baits worked well raising two fish before we hooked the 3rd fish

Glen was stoked his first marlin on his new boat 40min fight on 24kg

A bit sore from the fight but still can't wipe the smile of his face priceless it was a team effort and Scractchie with only 2hrs sleep come straight from night shift

Well done boys another great day on the water

e48021ec22a5a48677aabebb42f5e161.jpghttps://vimeo.com/124295960

Stickybeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice fish scratchie and stickybeak, I didn't realise Glen was heading out with fellow raiders!

Glen must be stoked, landing a blue on his first attempt (must have been the experienced crew ;)).

I went out with him in the new boat a few weeks ago, its a cracker, cant wait to get out there with him again.

Nice fish scratchie and stickybeak, I didn't realise Glen was heading out with fellow raiders!

Glen must be stoked, landing a blue on his first attempt (must have been the experienced crew ;)).

I went out with him in the new boat a few weeks ago, its a cracker, cant wait to get out there with him again.

Cheers mate. And Glen is all signed up and is a raider now too! :)

Great fish guys. Its only 3 weeks since my first Marlin so i can tell you Glen will be walking on a air for some time to come. Its a really special thing that you did from him. Best wishes David

Thanks boys for helping me land and release my first marlin would not have happened without you both the knowledge i gain is priceless its safe to say it won't be my last.Glen

Welcome to fishraider opfkfpo and what a way to open your account. :)

Glad we could help and what a great boat you've got for the big blue.

Reading through our forums will also help you, as there are many experienced fishos that offer great advice and not just on the gamefishing either!

Enjoy and well done!

Cheers scratchie!!!