Mini Cyclone off Seal Rocks 1am 21 Apr 2015 now with photos

JimT

Thought if share a few photos of the rampage up here. Don't think they do it justice as it's just an iPhone!

Iconic......

post-24974-0-23917200-1429592617_thumb.jpg

Behind my house........

post-24974-0-43702500-1429592664_thumb.jpg

Entrance to Little beach........

post-24974-0-21002100-1429592758_thumb.jpg

Shoal bay heads........

post-24974-0-02475300-1429592843_thumb.jpg

And my snapper spot is about 20ft under there somewhere....

post-24974-0-14640800-1429592996_thumb.jpg

Let's hope tonight's a bit calmer!!!!

Finally......... Power and wifi. Now time to clean up this mess. At least the kids talked to each other over the last two days. (No wifi) but sadly my recording of "wicked tuna" failed. It's ok, 3:34pm repeat!

Cheers scratchie!!!

We got smashed also.
and in the process if wrote off my boat =( tree basically launched the boat high and put a hole in the transom. motor is alright bit of damage to the lower unit but it's manageable.
x2 cars ended up under the tree but as it was a pine it was a soft landing so only took off my mirror and minor dents to the missus car.

We won't have power till Saturday.

post-24014-0-92566000-1429768495_thumb.jpg

post-24014-0-31346500-1429768504_thumb.jpg

post-24014-0-56665800-1429768537_thumb.jpg

Oh crap!!!! Insurance???

No, but it was time to get a new hull anyway. Luckily only the jockey wheel was damaged so I can keep my current trailer.

New boat will have insurance.

Sorry to see that mate! The coast definitely got hit hard too! Hope all goes well for you central coast 795!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks scratchie.

So sorry for your misfortune mate,

At least you have a recovery plan. And the missus's car isn't too bad, as you say. I didn't realise pines have such a soft and shallow root system. I'm thinking of moving up to the mid north coast in the coming years (Forster / Tuncurry). So I'll remember not to plant pines, or buy a place with pines in situ, if I can help it.

Even if we get big storms like that in the future, trees or not, it still beats living in Sydney. Keep the members up to date with your new hull. I'm sure the boaties on this forum would be interested to see how you fare. Good luck

So sorry for your misfortune mate,

At least you have a recovery plan. And the missus's car isn't too bad, as you say. I didn't realise pines have such a soft and shallow root system. I'm thinking of moving up to the mid north coast in the coming years (Forster / Tuncurry). So I'll remember not to plant pines, or buy a place with pines in situ, if I can help it.

Even if we get big storms like that in the future, trees or not, it still beats living in Sydney. Keep the members up to date with your new hull. I'm sure the boaties on this forum would be interested to see how you fare. Good luck

Thanks,

Yes they don't have many deep roots & the ground it was on was very very soft almost like sand. I have no idea why the previous owners planted it right on top of the water main.

I actually remember coming home from work and thinking I'll park down from the house a bit as I was expecting the big gum tree to fall. It remained standing and the bloody pine fell!