Water quality?

arob

Hi Guys,

Have a rare midweek day off tomorrow (Tuesday) and was going to put the boat in down the Hacking. How is the water quality atm? Last weekend after the storms it was shocking, but i'm hoping its a bit better as the rain hasnt been as bad.?

Fished Wally's this morning Arob. Got there at the top of the tide. Water there is murky greenish, with lots of small stuff on the bite. Prawns would be a good bait choice if you're not luring. Absolutely as little weight as possible. I'm heading back there tomorrow if I have a quiet night shift at work.

I'm sitting here at Picnic Point and the water quality is absolutely terrible water is coffee coloured with lots of rubbish coming in with the tide. Not joking a big picture tube from an old TV has even gone past. This will take weeks to clear up i think

Guest no one

At Tempe bridge the cooks is coffee coloured with about 2 bin trucks full of crap floating on top

went to sandy point water chocolate went to captain cook bridge water same although one guy landed to 80cm jews in a 7 hour fishing stint spent a few days visting this week ramps arround botany bay fishos reporting slow catches little caught

ive decided to do extensive maintenance on my boat while water and weather no good

keep in mind fresh floats on salt

dogbox

Returned to Wally's on Friday arvo. The water clarity is really improving there, as you would expect. Lots of different species caught; trevally, trumpeter, sweep, bream, reddy's, tarwhine, but all undersized. I reckon the salmon should be making an appearance soon at Lilli Pilli. Oh, BTW, one guy caught an undersized luderick on peeled prawn while I was there. He returned it, of course, which was great because he had his little daughter with him. Leading by example.Still no squid to report. But then again, Wally's has fallen off in the squid department. I need a new LB spot for the popular cephalapod. Anyone got any suggestions?

The water quality last Tuesday was still terrible in the Hacking.. What made it worse was only 2 fish caught between the 2 of us all day: a just legal flatty (released) and an undersize tailor..

hopefully when I get back from my work trip its cleaned up.. The Hacking just aint the same when you cant see the bottom...

Edited by arob

Went to Picnic Point today water was much better than

last week. Still a bit brown but you can see the bottom

no floating debris and the pickers are back in numbers.

Got a 27cm bream within the first 15 minutes then only small bites. It was right on low tide