Action packed weekend

G'day raiders

As the title says, I had an action packed weekend fishing Friday, Saturday and Sunday with all very productive sessions

Friday: Normally get home from school at 4:20pm but on Friday, all the power shut down in the school so they dismissed us early so I definitely wasn't gonna miss my opportunity for a quick solo arvo sesh, home at 3 and out the door by 3:01!!

Got down to the canal, all seemed quiet until I walked around a bit and pulled up tight to a nice flattie measuring 56cm. After that, walked around for a bit then bang, flattie, and again another flattie

Every cast was a hit or a fish

At one point got 3 flatties in three cast along with a few small bream mixed in

Awesome session from 2 1/2 hours with a total of 7 flatties and 2 bream

post-33634-14330636138411_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330636411151_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330636697838_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330636924779_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330637186824_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330637590042_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330637861621_thumb.jpg

Saturday: Went to a bay near the local with 2 mates Jordan and Irvin. Got onto the usual marina we fish for no bream for about an hour so move down a bit and after about 20mins, I see a big, dark shape come out of no where and absolutely smash my powerbait crabby about 50cm from the surface and after about 10 seconds realised it was an EP!! And my first to! After a bit of stress landing him, there was my first EP

He measured 39cm and definitely around 1kg+

He was happily released after a few pics

Then we got onto a large school of them and I hooked a monster EP

Saw him smash it right at my feet but swam straight around the pylon and gone

Then Irvin hooked up but lost it, then I hooked up again and swung him onto the marina, he measured 34cm and again nice and fat

Then hooked up again but lost it

Moved around the bay for nothing, then back to the marina for 2 small bream, then got told off....

Irvin then left and to prevent Jordan from getting a donut, we went to my local and bam he pulls a flattie first cast

Then I hook something decent which turned out to be a nice trevally 42cm

Then Jordan pulls one at about 35cm. Then I got a little flattie

That was it for Saturday

post-33634-14330644469847_thumb.jpg

post-33634-1433064467081_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330644850683_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330646570854_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330645291228_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330645513769_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330645825425_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330646205644_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14330646835933_thumb.jpg

Sunday: Today, me and Seamus headed up the coast to fish for some squid and unweighted off the rocks

Got there and immediately, pulled 6 squid in about 30mins all over 20cm hood and biggest 28cm hood which is my PB

After that, my mate joined me and we went to go fish unweighted off the rocks with squid and pulled a few yakkas and I caught a very colourful leather jacket!

Seamus got busted off twice by two good fish unfortunately

Then after that we went to the local lagoon and got a few bream and Seamus caught a nice flattie

Thanks for reading guys hope u enjoyed

Cheers Gianni

Great report and some top fish to go with it.Sorry you missed the big EP, cause the one your holdings a cracker !

Sounds like you were really sad about missing school. Geez,Id have had trouble even getting to school with that sort of fishing close by.

Without going into too much detail,where is your local area?

Gianni if there was a "Top Gun" award for a fisherman you would definitely qualify. Your dedication and skills (fishing, pictures and writing) are way beyond anyone that I know, keep it up, we love to read your posts and see the pics.

Cheers

Paikea

These boys came to fishraider and were not particularly skilled. They put in a lot of time reading the information on fishraider and coming to workshops and socials. They have had lots of tuition and help by fishraider members.

This dedication is getting the desired results :)

Good on you boys and well done to the fishraider members - best fishing forum in Australia ;)

Certainly was action packed.

Great you got your first EP amongst everything else.

Im loving the photos as well. They really look good.

Can hardly wait for the long weekend.

Thanks again guys

Donna, your right, I joined fish raider as a quite experienced fisherman but now, with the help of everyone on hear and all the experience, not meaning to brag but both me and Seamus have become a lot better fisherman

It gets a bit expensive as U want all the new gear but it's SOOOOO much better than sitting in side on a device all day

You guys are on fire! It's great to see young kids out there walking the banks throwing lures etc. as you said, rather than sitting inside playing xbox.

I remember when you both first started out and you have both come along way. You've listened, researched and practiced honing your skills and have had some great mentors along the way.

I think for you boys it's more than a hobby now, it's an addiction!

I enjoy reading your posts, keep em coming!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Great post and well done on honing your skills to produce a weekend like that! My 11 year old son used to fish lures from the end of my kayak when he was 5 but just hangs out for computer time on the weekends now! You guys will become the gurus of the future!! :banana: