Live Bait Tank Final

General Zod

After forgetting to turn on the pump first time out, I decided to install a timer, very straight forward. The timer switch its self is a great switch but has no light built in it which is common these days. So I came up with the idea of installing a small led light next to it. I would just have to soldier the wires of the led light to the back of the switch so when I turn the on or timer switch the led light would light up as well. That way when I go to take of if I see the light on then I’ll remember to turn the timer off.

Hard part was cutting the aluminum for the switch to go into at the back of the dash I ended up cutting some wires by accident (was using a grinder with a cutting blade) so a had to re-wire about 5 wires again. Headache.

32.jpg

After doing this I also decided to install a led light in the bait tank so the kids could see inside when there was some fish, kept them occupied and happy.

35.png

36.jpg

And with only one battery I also decided to install a voltmeter reader as well to monitor the battery volt levels. After using the pump for 6hrs on/off, mostly on, fish finder 6hrs, Nav & Anchor light, and cabin lights for 2.5hrs, the voltage came down to 12.4V about 70%.

37.jpg

So that’s it.

Hope this was helpful with anyone thinking about installing a small bait tank in there boat.

Regards

Nice.

Is that the inlet at the bottom of the tank?

Thanks,

If your talking about the round thing in the middle on the wall, 2nd set of photo's 3rd one across, no that's just a mold on the wall. The diagram below shows more.

Live%20bait%20tank%20diagram.png

Edited by General Zod