Holy hell! Must read!

Camo1808

He actually caught 2 that day! The one that is pictured was 94kg and the smaller one at 73kg!

There is a YouTube of its capture! Wonder where it is? They got a boat to come on and take them away. Amazing footage!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest 4myson

kind of cheating a little... Getting dropped off on an offshore island and calling it 'land based'

My point Exactly ! How can you have boats involved & call it land based ??? Like I said "DREAMING" !!!! Edited by 4myson

kind of cheating a little... Getting dropped off on an offshore island and calling it 'land based'

Landing a tuna that size off terrafirma no matter whether they have been dropped off there or swam there is a massive task!

It certainly puts the odds in the fishes favour as structure, conditions and the ability to land the fish all lean towards the fish pulling hooks.

It's hard enough trying the same feat from a boat with the ability to chase the fish in deep water let alone land based.

Thought for a moment that hill looked like Cape Hawke, but that's not right. It is very east coat looking, but it could be anywhere.Apparently the guy won't divulge the location. Can't say as i blame him. Looks idyllic!

Guest no one

I've seen a few of the guys videos from last year, he gets spooled in a couple. But the fish is taken by boat, do you expect him to carry 90kg up a cliff?

I think it's an island, fair play to him landing a fish while based on land (land based) but it certainly doesn't look like an accessible platform like it's made out to be!

You and your technicalities!!!

Amkr showed me this this morning... how the hell does that guy fight something that big and stay standing! Its a pretty cool feat in my book!

I have no idea what catching fish from land is like, so this seems pretty crazy after watching shows like Wicked Tuna to base my idea of how much fight these fish have and how long it can take them to tire.

Go him!

These are different to wicked tuna fish. The ones on the show are bluefin, these are yellowfin, I'm pretty sure they are half the size.

On the show they get 1000lb tooona, 450kg.

These yellows are like 100kg, not saying he would have thrown it over his shoulder and walked home, just it's a different fish.

I read that he wrecked a Stella on the previous fish, insane.

It's still land based, you can't move, you can't chase or move off the fish, and have to get the fish up on the ledge

Exactly.

Edited by PM79

The only way into this spot is by boat.

Only fishable when its dead flat. I've fished it a couple of times before. Didn't do as well as that though.

The ship in the background and weigh in at the wharf should give you location pretty easily

Edited by Crossfire63

Haha i am loving everyones opinions. I agree that we all get to land based spots regardless of the method of transportation in regards to boat car helicopter we all need to travel to the spots.

I love that site stevefish. Didnt really how great the "good ol days" were if only it was still the same.

I think this is a remarkable achievement from land based and i wouldnt share the spot either haha.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I think this is the third big yft he has spun off the stones? First two were caught using a 30000 stella (youtube clip) and this one with a Saltiga.

95 percent sure it is a long flight from Sydney to this particular (island) location!

Big effort!

He actually caught 2 that day! The one that is pictured was 94kg and the smaller one at 73kg!

There is a YouTube of its capture! Wonder where it is? They got a boat to come on and take them away. Amazing footage!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Incorrect.

You are talking about the YouTube footage where he gets a 94 and 73 on a Stella 30000.

This fish is 104 and taken on a dogfight.

Incorrect.

You are talking about the YouTube footage where he gets a 94 and 73 on a Stella 30000.

This fish is 104 and taken on a dogfight.

What are you talking about Jamestown?

You want to point out I'm incorrect on what? This particular fish isn't one of the 94kg or 73kg he caught?

You may be correct with that but it's the same guy and my primary suggestion was that there was footage for this guy on youtube.

I suggest you stop looking for, what you think are small indecrepensies and put up a fishing report of your own with some substance in it.

I can't ever recall you placing an actual fishing report!

Scratchie mod team