quality not quantity light gear trevs

Krispy !

Nicked off work early and grabbed a block of pillys quickly headed home grabbed the rods and away I went. Arrived on location and began cubing up, nothing for a while then my line took off in free spool. Closed the bail and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Couldn't really dictate the fight with 4 lb so I let it tire out and then the tug of war began. 10-15 minutes of the fish running and me gaining line back when finally it decided to try and brick me in the pylons. Little did it know, it was messing with the wrong angler and after a bit of manouveration I angled it out and up came a corker trevally. Now the hard part began, trying to net an angry trev isn't easy when fishing solo but eventually managed to do so and it was a thumper going 54cm. Few pics and into the esky. About 10 minutes later same thing, line flies off in free spool and then zzzzzzzzzzzz. Pretty much exactly the same fight but this one had a little more fight. Up it came and 52cm of fat trevally hit the pavement. To say I was stoked was an understatement, 2 FAT trevs anyone would be happy with, each would weigh over 2 kg. headed home soon after thinking of sashimi...

post-11865-0-28186500-1440145330_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-83551700-1440145353_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-12074400-1440145377_thumb.jpg

wow mate, that is some stonker trevs

I presume the Hacking?

well done

thanks mate they go real hard at that size

Couple of real nice trevs there Krispy. Make great Sashimi don't they and the leftovers cook up well with a little olive oil lemon juice and salt and pepper. Tried last weekend for doughnuts......

thanks mate, yeah fishing has been abit tough of late but the fish are there

Good work there Krispy, they are good sport at that size.

No need for gym today yowie :P

Edited by Krispy !

52 and 54 cm!!! That's epic on 4lb man, must have taken some skill to stop them from busting you off- they pull like trains on light tackle. Shame you don't have a photo with a coin or note- you'd have my COTM vote ;)

Thanks man yeah they both took some stopping, I'll try remember the coins next time :P

sushimi at Krispys

Come over plenty to go around lol

Blood pumping fun

Very nice job on light gear

Dave

Thanks Dave :D

They don't get too much bigger than this around here do they? I know they get to phenomenal sizes at Lord Howe but 54cm is as big as I've seen them around here. Well done.

Edited by Dave_

They don't get too much bigger than this around here do they? I know they get to phenomenal sizes at Lord Howe but 54cm is as big as I've seen them around here. Well done.

I think someone on here caught one in the 60s last year around Middle Harbour, I checked the raider records and the biggest for a silver trev is 77 cm!!!

Edited by adamski

What a couple of Crackers !!! All on 4lb as well ....

Those are monsters!

I thought it was a fun fight with a 30cm Trev, 54cm is a beast!

thanks fellas

Thanks Dave, my brother has caught one that went 70cm, and as adamski said the raider record is 77. between 50-60cm theyre pretty common just not easy to hook and land.

Great fish mate! Thanks again for the hooks and bait! Caught nothing myself[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was great meeting you mate, hopefully you get some next time

Edited by Krispy !

• 2 weeks later...