MACAWS

PARROTFISH

Hello again Raiders,

One of my hobbies besides fishing is keeping and breeding exotic parrots.

I will attach a pic of my best mate "Cooper" the Blue & Gold Macaw.

We just aquired a female companion for Cooper and yet to name her so naming suggestions are welcome, please not "Polly" etc this is a majestic Macaw ;)

and no i won't have any baby Macaws till these guys mature (around 4 years). Yes they are expensive $5000 each.

Cooper is 16 months old, speaks many words and phrases, swears, mimics sounds,coughing, laughing, etc, our new unamed female is 6 months old says "Hello" so far and whispers a few other words that i can't quite understand but parrots tend to either whisper or practice new words when they think no one is around before they actually say the word aloud. Both are tame.

I have been keeping and breeding exotic parrots for 12 years, obviously i have alot of experience and obtained mountains of knowledge with exotic parrots. I make no excuses and give them the very best i can across the board from human grade food, toys, free time outside, yes free time outside (Cooper usually chases our Pitbull around the yard, lol).

Macaws are like having an ADHD 4yr old child in the house most of the time and are extremely entertaining :)

If anyone is even considering owning a Macaw my only suggestion would be to learn everything you can about the species before considering. My personal belief is that we are the keepers "not owners" of these beautiful majestic creatures and when we choose to care for one of these animals it is our responsibility to give them the best care possible.

The only down side is the security to deter the d'heads from trying to steal our parrots, CCTV, Pitbull, Monitored alarm system :(

Anyway i'm getting thirsty, i hope you all enjoy reading.

The Parrot ;)

post-36529-0-43827900-1440761930_thumb.jpg

Edited by PARROTFISH

Guest 4myson

Unfortunately it's female but I like

Are you ready

Cronulla fans

Mark macaw

That's alright " He Plays Like a Girl " (sorry ladies) ....LOL ...

Beautiful Creature parrotfish ... I used to be a bird lover but now have turned my attention to Marine FishTanks ....

Edited by 4myson

Unfortunately it's female but I like

Are you ready

Cronulla fans

Mark macaw

Hi Stevefish, That pic is of my "Male" :P lol

That's alright " He Plays Like a Girl " (sorry ladies) ....LOL ...

Beautiful Creature parrotfish ... I used to be a bird lover but now have turned my attention to Marine FishTanks ....

Thanks 4myson, i used to breed Discus and L number catfish then got into birds, PMSL ;)

...LEE.

Big Neil,

You hit the nail on the head. I have only just seen your post.

I had the female microchipped last week and we decided on the name "LEE" as we did the microchipping and chip registration ;)

Thanks guys for the name suggestions.

Cheers,

Parrot

• 4 weeks later...