Smallest Thing You Caught?

SquidMarks

Having been inspired by nickb111's report with the small tailor, i remembered a while back i caught a small specimen on a lure as well.

I though for a bit of fun, lets see what your smallest catch has been to date. (im not talking about scooping plankton with mesh either, im talking about genuine catches which were meant for decent fish but the little buggers just about got too greedy!)

I have attached my submission as an example:

That there is a size 2.5 squid jig... greedy cuttle! (or as my wife calls em "cuddlefish")

post-33514-0-00256300-1441022884_thumb.jpg

Edited by SquidMarks

Having been inspired by nickb111's report with the small tailor, i remembered a while back i caught a small specimen on a lure as well.

I though for a bit of fun, lets see what your smallest catch has been to date. (im not talking about scooping plankton with mesh either, im talking about genuine catches which were meant for decent fish but the little buggers just about got too greedy!)

I have attached my submission as an example:

That there is a size 2.5 squid jig... greedy cuttle! (or as my wife calls em "cuddlefish")

that's a pyjama cuttle and is actually pretty poisonous, gotta be careful

Bwahahhaha, some of these posts are gold!

Keep em coming guys!

i reckon we add to the post as we catch them.

I have a story from overseas, we went to visit the family and they love whitebait, they catch whitebait using a fine net (3-4mm eye), anyways, we went with a uncle to go and grab some because they are great fried.

So we ID a school and drop the net then start splashing around to scare the school into the net. We thought we caugh a whole bunch and when we pulled the net up there were barely a dozen!

Well, the uncle starts cursing and and complaining and the following statement comes out "the damn size of the eye of the net is too large, that's the problem!"

Me and my brother just burst out laughing.... their mentality is so different to fishermen in OZ, we asked him "dont you mean that the fish are too small?", he goes "nope, the problems in the size of the net".... no wonder they get excited when they catch anything over 40cm overseas.....

• 5 weeks later...

fa52ee9228e7206e9124c0e90ba0ff42.jpg

Maybe not the smallest I have caught but I must commend AMKR on his fine work with the net!

Another notable catch for ambition was a small flathead maybe 15cm long at the most that inhaled a similar sized live poddy mullet. When I first bought him in, it took a second to figure it out as it just looked like a fish with a tail at both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk