EARLY SPRING JEWIE

mrpasqualie

Caught the yellowtail for bait at West Head the afternoon before, didn't weigh him but I would say 5 or 6 kilos, he was 95cm, my shoe length is 30cm size 11. rig was a 6 o circle hook with 20lb mono leader. top of the tide at 8.30 am. I used one of those running clips that hold a small snapper sinker and 1m of trace but I keep the sinker about 1m off the bottom. Have my secret spot but all of my advisors are right , fish slack tides , top or bottom and you get about a 20 min time frame, if no good go drift for flatties.

Skinned , filleted , floured with salt and pepper , then bbq with a little sunflower oil delicious. Fish for fun but fish for a feed, let the rest go.

mate you know it - that maybe 40 minute tide change window is the key in the hawkesbury. Same goes for the bream. we've sat for hours on end for minutes of mayhem in that place so many times.

well done! good to see they're still around.

Nothing wrong with drifting for Flatties lol - started to get into throwing these soft vibes along the shoreline near patonga and it's just a world of fun to catch anything on a lure!